Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Self-Inflicted Injuries

You are absurdly over-exaggerating the difficulty of inspecting ambulances and the extent of their use by militants.

[ QUOTE ]
Hamas' truce offer is purely a tactic to gain time to rebuild and attack later from a position of greater strength. Hamas has made it clear it will never back away from its goal of the utter destruction of Israel. Israel in fact grants Hamas a truce to Israel's own future peril.

[/ QUOTE ]

i specifically said the opposite. However holding up ambulances for hours is unacceptable. You act as if this is becasue of difficult searches, but in many cases they have simply been denied permission to move at all, whther to pick up or drop off sick people. No attempt has been made to search them. Furthermore in most of these cases they are moving within Palestinian territiory and are not going anywhere near Israeli population centres. The threat from them to Israeli civilians is nil.

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the map of the wall.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_West_Bank_barrier
The VAST majority of land is contiguous.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH MY GOD. You don't even know what we are arguing about. The wall is far from the only barrier to movement. There are dozens if not hundreds of checkpoints within the West Bank and hundreds of kilometres of settler-only road that divide up the territory and prevent movement.

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, are you claiming Israeli has checkpoints where no Israeli land is involved?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:47 PM

Default Re: LA Times Op-ed: Islam gets concessions; infidels get conquered

[ QUOTE ]
Then who knows what Hezbollah does.

[/ QUOTE ]

The chance of Hizbollah becoming directly involved is nil.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is an at least equally large minority in the Israel side that will also never accept a two state solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the key differences being the Israeli citizens don't strap bombs on their backs and blow up busloads of Pal kids.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then who knows what Hezbollah does.

[/ QUOTE ]

The chance of Hizbollah becoming directly involved is nil.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you can state this with such certainty how?

I've not seen you make an unconsidered response yet so I'm wondering at this one.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So saying the Palestinian need to do something is simplistic garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]No, it isnt. I am not saying that they have any more responsibility to do something than Israel. Rather, I am suggesting that the current course of action taken by the Palestinians is against their own self interest.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is an at least equally large minority in the Israel side that will also never accept a two state solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the key differences being the Israeli citizens don't strap bombs on their backs and blow up busloads of Pal kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to when you "legitimate" can kill a cool thousand civilians in a war and force approx 1 million others to flee.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Self-Inflicted Injuries

[ QUOTE ]
You are absurdly over-exaggerating the difficulty of inspecting ambulances and the extent of their use by militants.

[/ QUOTE ]
No....Living in Texas I have some knowledge in the smuggling that takes place between TX and Mexico. Drug smugglers get very creative in their hiding places and tactics to mask the order of drugs. To counter this, the border patrol often has to break out tools to disassemble parts of the car. You have a pathological desire to excuse every Palestinian transagression and fault Israel for taking steps to thwart suicide bombers and the smugglers that sneak explosives into Israel..... The first time the PLO used Red Crecent vehicles to smuggle arms, they lost their moral right to criticize Israeli for stopping and searching these vehicles...

[ QUOTE ]
However holding up ambulances for hours is unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Normally this would be true.........but since Palestinians have used Red Crecent vehicles to smuggle explosives, it would be STUPID for Israel not to do extensive searches of these vehicles. Funny how you don't fault the Palestinian use of fake medical emergency trickery to smuggle bombs into Israel...

[ QUOTE ]
OH MY GOD. You don't even know what we are arguing about. The wall is far from the only barrier to movement. There are dozens if not hundreds of checkpoints within the West Bank and hundreds of kilometres of settler-only road that divide up the territory and prevent movement.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't claim to know everything about the wall. I know enough about Palestinian trickery to kill Jews to give Israelis the benefit of the doubt when it comes to protecting their people. I assume the Israelis have a reason for having Jew only roads. Probably to make it harder for suicide bombers to murder civilians....

If the Palestinians ONLY targeted soldiers for their suicide bombings, I would be more open to their arguments. But their practice of intentionally murdering unarmed people speaks volumes of the moral bankruptcy of the Palestinians...