Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Would a shorstack boycott on PS work?

[ QUOTE ]
Sitting out won't work because of prisoners' dilemma amongst other things....... a go slow would be much more effective imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh.. slower games, people add more tables, slow games down further, etc etc etc. just lots of bad ideas all around. ugho to shorties. i really dont think anything is gonna be changed though.. stars should make deep tables like full tilt though, like 10-20 deep and 25-50 deep and stuff like that, because people are used to the blinds. full tilt having 15-30 then 150-300 is just too weird. to be fair they did just add 40-80 deep games, so thats kinda cool i guess. but yea, stars should implement a 4k buyin 10-20 game, with min 2k. i prob wouldnt play anything else ever.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:48 PM

I don't play poker at your guys level...hell I don't even play poker anymore. I played with a full stack and I would never agree to this. It won't work and it would cost me money. It would be cool for all the elite regs to sit out because they are scared of short stackers.

Dean is right about the prisoners dillema. But slowing down the game is a dick move that will just have the short stackers playing more tables and the fish getting pissed off.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
see.. the problem here is.. fish dont really care.. and they wont contribute to the sitting out part, which will lead to everyone else just sitting back in anyway, or the fish leaving. i have never had a problem playing with most regulars, but when the fish leaves because of something like this, or is just like whatever and plays the shorties.. yeah, you get the picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true and it might be hard for some of em to understand at first and the shorties may even get to play in half a dozen games a week with the uber fish... but dont u think that shorties would take a huge blow eventually?
Old 05-03-2007, 02:10 PM

slowroll all shorties all the time?
Old 05-03-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
see.. the problem here is.. fish dont really care.. and they wont contribute to the sitting out part, which will lead to everyone else just sitting back in anyway, or the fish leaving. i have never had a problem playing with most regulars, but when the fish leaves because of something like this, or is just like whatever and plays the shorties.. yeah, you get the picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true and it might be hard for some of em to understand at first and the shorties may even get to play in half a dozen games a week with the uber fish... but dont u think that shorties would take a huge blow eventually?

[/ QUOTE ]

roman, as far as shorties taking a huge blow eventually.. i feel like the full stacking regulars would take an even bigger blow. cutting off your arm to spite your face kinda thing.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:23 PM

another ringing endorsement for short stacking
Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesnt change the game at all. Shorties are usually multitabling anyway, so they pay attention to other tables while you sit there.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another ringing endorsement for short stacking

[/ QUOTE ]

so true, why haven't I shortstacked yet dammit

also, "oh no I can't raise 32s UTG anymore" is so lol
Old 05-03-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, the answer is raising the minimum buyin for all games at all stakes on all sites. FT made the deep tables as a half-assed attempt at sating people's desires to play deeper but the fish don't go there (my theory is that they want to play the stakes they know, i.e. 10/20 not 7.5/15) and the good players are going to follow the fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

A deep table isn't the same as a standard table with a raised minimum buyin.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would a SS give a dam if someone slowrolls them for 20bbs. They got it allin and are playing other tables while the slowrollers are wasting their time.