Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Would a shorstack boycott on PS work? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394387)

Roman 05-03-2007 06:06 AM

Would a shorstack boycott on PS work?

Every time shortstack joins, all regs but best HU player sit out. Would this not kill shortstacking on stars?

The regs would all have to agree to sit out if a shortstack joins obv, and any new players would be informed of the informal rules when the games start up at first.

ike 05-03-2007 06:40 AM

Re: Would a shorstack boycott on PS work?

Ya, this is actually a solid idea. Just tonight panda sat into a 3 handed game I was in with 1k. We all sat out. He reloaded to 5k and game on.

edit: probably much harder to make it work if the game is 10 handed and good. also there are some shortstacks i want at the table. boycott them too?

bkholdem 05-03-2007 07:06 AM

you sissies

Roman 05-03-2007 07:08 AM

yea id say so
ike = ?
PS: I really dont care as much as most people, but I really think shorties drive fish away and tighten up games a lot so i cant see this being negative.

Jackal69 05-03-2007 07:27 AM

its getting beyond a joke... 2-4 shortstacks on all 9 max tables when i looked yesterday [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

This is a good idea and most of the players in those games read here and hate ssers enough that it should be possible to implement. Petition sticky?

Chaoslord 05-03-2007 08:18 AM

i dont play much on stars, but i would agree to this

ender 05-03-2007 09:46 AM

Isn't that collusion? All the regs would be playing for their combined self interest instead of their own.

10K-in-Clay 05-03-2007 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't that collusion? All the regs would be playing for their combined self interest instead of their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you found one of the shortstackers lol. but no that wouldn't be collusion, agreeing to NOT sit in can't be considered cheating

HP 05-03-2007 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kinda hard to argue for collusion without a hand being played

king_of_drafts 05-03-2007 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you found one of the shortstackers lol. but no that wouldn't be collusion, agreeing to NOT sit in can't be considered cheating

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure about this...for example, what if a huge whale were sitting alone at a 9 handed table and Roman got 8 of his friends to sit at the table and sit out while he played the whale HU? As long as the whale and Roman are satisfied enough to actually play, maybe it's fine, but who knows.

Also, shortstackers know how annoying they are, so whats to keep them from just continuing to be annoying by either just sitting out at the table with everyone else or leaving and rejoining instantly when the action starts up again?

I hate shortstackers as much as everyone, but there might be some holes in this plan.