Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: NL25, call or raise @ river?

[ QUOTE ]
I think raise river is fine. But you might fold the flop cause this isn't a kind of a flop you want with that hand. It is double suited (not your suit) and an ace on the flop. Since you played it that way, I would raise river without thinking twice. It is very likely he has an ace here and you want to get paid.

Raising flop is not fine. You might want to call and then float or just check behind cause you might have the best hand. Villain wouldn't fire two bullets if he doesn't have an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

About the minraise, I kinda saw that as floating when he just called, is that totally wrong?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if I had K kicker? Should I push?

[/ QUOTE ]

With K kicker I'd start liking a push more, at least if this is the kind of player who steals blinds (which would make worse 9's more likely). On the other hand, you've also said this player is easy to push off hands... if it's at all likely that he folds a worse 9 to a push, then I like calling better again.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:54 PM

Flop min raise is disgusting.

River just calls for a call. I think he has a higher 9.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But atleast we agree about the river. Villian had QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-26-2007, 07:20 PM

i understand ur pre flop call here. The CO could be raising with absolutely anything here. And J9s is a nice hand to have in position especially if the blinds tag along creating a juicy multiway pot. As for your min raise on the flop...fair enough your opponents bet does look like a standard continuation bet here but still why raise? If this guy did raise with a genuine hand AK, AQ AJ, then he aint goin nowhere. Your not going to get any better hands to fold, nor any weaker ones to call. Just call and see what the turn brings, your oppenent may check and then u can take it away with a bet. Your opponents call indicates that he may have a weak ace or middle/bottom pair. He will (or at least should) fold these type of hands to a decent sized bet on the turn. So y not give it a stab once he checks it to you? You HAVE to bet this, slightly less than the pot should do it. If he calls u can be pretty sure he has a weak ace, or possibly a flush draw. But for some unknown reason u check (???????). Checking just allows ur opponent to steal it on the river. U get lucky and hit trips. he checks to u. You have to bet this, even if u had missed u still have to bet (Betting around the same ammount if u missed as u would once u hit keeps u unpredictable) Betting half the pot is not enough for me. I want to bet around 2 thirds of the pot, make it look like a bluff. When raised, i would just call. Its very possible he was slow playing a set. Although i am still 80% sure i have him beat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]