Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL25, call or raise @ river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315958)

dngrjoe 01-26-2007 06:15 PM

NL25, call or raise @ river?

And feel free to comment on the other streets aswell

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $23.60
MP: $17.55
CO: $32.40
Hero (BTN): $55.25
SB: $24.3
BB: $25.7

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.85</font>, Hero calls $0.85, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2.05, 2 players)
<font color="red">CO bets $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, CO calls $1.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($9.05, 2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($9.05, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $8

Smilin' 01-26-2007 06:29 PM

Re: NL25, call or raise @ river?

I call river. I don't see many hands you beat calling a raise here, and I'm not even that sure you're ahead (Villain could have a better 9, 66, AA).

Why minraise the flop with this mediocre hand? Did you have a specific read indicating that play? Usually I'd either 1) fold or 2) call with the intention of betting the turn if CO checks, but folding most turns if he makes another serious bet.

EZgo 01-26-2007 06:31 PM

Call. The only hands that he calls a raise with that you beat are 98 or T9. Everything else he's either mucking if you reraise, or he's calling and you're losing to a boat or a better kicker

KurtSF 01-26-2007 06:31 PM

No matter what I think of the line it sure all worked out well, didn't it! getting a free card and rivering trips and all.

I'm not going to tell you to fold preflop.

Flop play is sexy! Me like!

Turn, standard. River too.

NH.

KurtSF 01-26-2007 06:35 PM

edit - ignore me I misunderstood

carnivalhobo 01-26-2007 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call. The only hands that he calls a raise with that you beat are 98 or T9. Everything else he's either mucking if you reraise, or he's calling and you're losing to a boat or a better kicker

[/ QUOTE ]

??????

AK checking the turn for pot control and AQ AJ and AT not knowing where he is after being raised on the flop, then picking off the missed FD on the end that is making a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]
the only reason for Ak to raise the river is to induce a rebluff from a missed draw and then call it. This is about 12 times more thinking than happened in this hand though.

call the river.

Antinome 01-26-2007 06:38 PM

I don't usually pick an A high flushy flop to make an informational minraise w/ MP- a call does not mean he has an Ace.

Usually I'd float and see what he did on the turn.

I think your line is OK.

I'd probably just call here on the river.

Smilin' 01-26-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

??????

AK checking the turn for pot control and AQ AJ and AT not knowing where he is after being raised on the flop, then picking off the missed FD on the end that is making a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, OP already took a stab with his "busted draw" and got checkraised. Now he pushes. Is an A still going to pay off? Maybe if OP has the right table image, but I think that's an important prerequisite.

dngrjoe 01-26-2007 06:41 PM

Oh yeah.. Usually I never minraise. But I felt this player was very easy to push of hands. I know it's bad, and I hated my self for doing it.

But atleast we agree about the river. Villian had QQ.

What if I had K kicker? Should I push?

Edit:
Wow a lot of replies, but my post was a response to the first poster in here.

Vinetou 01-26-2007 06:44 PM

I think raise river is fine. But you might fold the flop cause this isn't a kind of a flop you want with that hand. It is double suited (not your suit) and an ace on the flop. Since you played it that way, I would raise river without thinking twice. It is very likely he has an ace here and you want to get paid.

Raising flop is not fine. You might want to call and then float or just check behind cause you might have the best hand. Villain wouldn't fire two bullets if he doesn't have an ace.