Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2007, 09:59 AM

Default JJ in $500 WSOP Circuit Event 1

I have about 1400 chips, blinds 25/25. Folds to me in around MP1, both blinds have me covered. I pick up JJ and make it 100 (too much?), folds to small blind who calls (he seems like an ok player who likes to see a few flops relatively cheaply), big blind reraises to 350 (he seems like a pretty good player and I haven't seen him make any mistakes so far, he doesn't appear to have been getting out of line either. He has raised pre maybe once or twice, showing TT from EP in one of these after calling ss allin. Hasnt r/r pre at all yet).

Even though we are in the first level a few hands that might be of interest:

1. I raised with 88 in EP and aggressive asian guy in MP reraised me, I called and c/f a AAJ flop.

2. I limped with KTs, 5 way limped pot flop K88r, I bet into 4 opponents (100 into 125), folded to BB (same opponent as hand in question) he minraised to 200, I folded.

I havent played live for a while and was a little nervous so I have probably played about (edit) 3 or 4 pots so far in about 30 hands. I have entered once with a limp and raised every other time, so presumably im viewed as TAG.

Back to the hand: What is my plan?

Fold?

Call and push/ call all in on non A, K flop? (with stacks this way I would expect him to basically put me in on any flop).

Reraise all in?