Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   JJ in $500 WSOP Circuit Event 1 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387017)

TCA 04-24-2007 09:59 AM

JJ in $500 WSOP Circuit Event 1

I have about 1400 chips, blinds 25/25. Folds to me in around MP1, both blinds have me covered. I pick up JJ and make it 100 (too much?), folds to small blind who calls (he seems like an ok player who likes to see a few flops relatively cheaply), big blind reraises to 350 (he seems like a pretty good player and I haven't seen him make any mistakes so far, he doesn't appear to have been getting out of line either. He has raised pre maybe once or twice, showing TT from EP in one of these after calling ss allin. Hasnt r/r pre at all yet).

Even though we are in the first level a few hands that might be of interest:

1. I raised with 88 in EP and aggressive asian guy in MP reraised me, I called and c/f a AAJ flop.

2. I limped with KTs, 5 way limped pot flop K88r, I bet into 4 opponents (100 into 125), folded to BB (same opponent as hand in question) he minraised to 200, I folded.

I havent played live for a while and was a little nervous so I have probably played about (edit) 3 or 4 pots so far in about 30 hands. I have entered once with a limp and raised every other time, so presumably im viewed as TAG.

Back to the hand: What is my plan?

Fold?

Call and push/ call all in on non A, K flop? (with stacks this way I would expect him to basically put me in on any flop).

Reraise all in?

bismillahno 04-24-2007 10:22 AM

Re: JJ in $500 WSOP Circuit Event 1

[ QUOTE ]

I've probably played about 3/4 pots so far in about 30 hands. ... so presumably im viewed as TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

This confused me a lot initially, I read it as you've played three quarters of the pots and are viewed as tight aggressive. Took me a moment to realise you've played 3 or 4 pots.

If you really think he'll put you in on any flop, you can call preflop and call a shove on an all low flop. Its a little hard to know where you stand against the 3-betting range of an unknown live player though.

Pudge714 04-24-2007 10:31 AM

Call the flop in the KTs hand.
You can't fold JJ here as villain will three bet at least TT+ AK. I probably jam.

TCA 04-24-2007 11:05 AM

Im not convinced TT is part of his range here though, although it might be.

Does his r/r size look suspect? only 250 more with 2 people in the pot? He is offering me 2.2 to 1 to call here.

Im also really unhappy about my stack size here, obv I cant play for set value and If we get it in (presumably I have no fold equity, since he will be getting about 1.8 to 1 here - ok I might have some but only if he is getting out of line here) I will need to win about 45% of the time for it to be +EV (if he put me in I would have 16 to 13).