Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: 30/60- KQ facing 3bet c/r on a Q-high drawy flop

In this game 4bets=cap, unless it's HU then there's no cap but we're not HU on the flop.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:25 AM

I think you are either slightly ahead, or way (nearly dead) behind. You're dead against a set. If someone has JT, a K is no good against Q9. and Kh is no good against a flush draw. If you call, CO could pop it again, and then what. If you cap it, then you are almost forced to bet out on the turn if SB checks. And if SB bets out, then what. And it could get raised again. If you think CO will call behind you, then call, pray for a brick and check around on the turn, then you can consider a crying call on a river brick. Although is seems weak, fold is not a bad option.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:04 PM

To clarify, why are we capping here after the SB 3 bets us?
Old 08-25-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are either slightly ahead, or way (nearly dead) behind. You're dead against a set. If someone has JT, a K is no good against Q9. and Kh is no good against a flush draw. If you call, CO could pop it again, and then what. If you cap it, then you are almost forced to bet out on the turn if SB checks. And if SB bets out, then what. And it could get raised again. If you think CO will call behind you, then call, pray for a brick and check around on the turn, then you can consider a crying call on a river brick. Although is seems weak, fold is not a bad option.

[/ QUOTE ]

These were my thoughts as well before I decided to post the hand. Thinking about the hand I wasn't sure if folding is little weak-tight, but I think it's the right play in this spot.

At the table, I thought it was a close decision between all 3 options, and when I'm faced w/ such a decision I tend to favor aggression so I capped. CO and SB called. Turn was the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and we checked around. Blank river and we checked around again. SB tabled A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and CO mucked. He later said he had KQ as well.