Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2007, 05:56 PM

Default POG Community Thread

I am feeling left out because I just don't have enough time to play games, but I still check POG first thing every day. I need some place I can post ramblings, trip reports and pictures without the pressure of creating a new thread every time I get the urge. So consider this the companion to the poker happenings thread that has been around forever.

I will start by bitching. I am a lazy bastard, but I am good at creating the illusion that I am working hard, and like most of us here I have always been smarter than most of my coworkers. That meant I could get more work done in less time and thus appear more productive.

In April I took a new job with a great company and took on significantly more responibility. It turns out I am no longer smarter than everyone else. I am actually dumber. I also have to work which is a bit of an alien experience. The average person in my position is putting in sixty hours a week which doesn't fit my 10-4 lifestyle.

I am still playing poker, but I pay absolutely no attention to my opponents. I finally stopped trying to use Pokertracker because I never looked at the stats or paid any attention to my own. Not surprisingly my balance - aside from rakeback - is exactly the same as it was at the beginning of the year. I am the king of treading water.