Old 12-04-2006, 10:16 PM

Default Re: My son wants to get laid

so un-balla obv let him SIIHP
Old 12-05-2006, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so un-balla obv let him SIIHP

[/ QUOTE ]
Open-door policy, that way his mom can carry a tray of cookies and milk in without having to knock with her knee.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:15 AM

Ya let him get laid.. your just being uptight because he's your oldest. I was the youngest and I had my GF staying in my bed with me when we were 18. My parents didn't approve but I've always done what I wanted within reason. They never really got mad about it and we have a good relationship. When i have kids I'm hoping I don't treat my first like everyone always does, but it seems inevitable.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:35 PM

Let him bust that nut. It helps relieve that stress as a teenager(Could also help with pimples too). Tell him to do it right and save up that lunch money and take her to a motel. Probably one for $30 for 2hours. Tell him buy some water, chips, maybe a sandwich for afterwards and rubbers. Also stress to him "DO NOT HAVE SEX IN MY HOUSE. Thats what the other places are for." Let him figure out the other places. Hopefully after his sexual encounter he'll go play some hold'em.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:34 PM

just make sure he knows that he needs more birth control than a condom.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:52 PM

Disclaimer: I'm not a parent.

That said, I'm very suprised that virtually every reply to the OP seems to be a variant of "You should just let them do what they want because X."

For example,

[ QUOTE ]
If you try and stop them, they're just gonna hate you (that's way too strong, but I can't think of a good synonym) and do it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the family is seriously dysfunctional, a parent being a parent isn't going to irreperably damage the parent's relationship with thier kid. Yes, they kid will probably get upset when they are not allowed to do something they want to do. Tough [censored]. They will get over it.

The way I see it is this.

On the one hand, your kid will be pissed off for a while.

On the other hand, you have a pregnant 16 year old, a sexually transmitted disease possibly resulting in death, and neither partner being mature enough or experienced enough in life to handle a sexual relationship making thier future relationships more f-ed up.

Seems clear to me.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:47 AM

both my parents were really cool w/ it. as long as i wrapped it, they didnt have a problem w/ it.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:10 AM

I havent read through a lot of the other posts, but Ill give you my advice as a 20 year old kid that grew up in Texas (although I now live in Canada). My parents were always very easy when it came to door open/closed, didnt really matter. They would only really want me to have my door closed if my girlfriends parents wanted me to (this is when I was 16-17ish).

If you son and his girlfriend want to have sex, they are going to do it whether they have your blessing or not. I truely believe that you should simply educate your son, and possibly his girlfriend as to the risks of having sex, and safe sex "procedures".

Specifically, if you havent already, you need to talk to hmi about STDs, condoms, etc. Good luck mate, hope it all works out!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:09 AM

Do all parents control their children's sex life in america?? This is unheard of in the UK and I can't imagine how embarassing this would be :|
Old 12-07-2006, 04:16 AM

Martin-

It's not a matter of control, it's a matter of *assumed* control. Being honest with one's son (father), or daughter (mother), is a lot to ask of Americans at this time... unfortunately.