Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Is this behavior acceptable in a relationship?

[ QUOTE ]
Off topic: I dominated my school's hip hop dance team in a dance off in front of most of my school. And filmed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

youtube link?
Old 09-27-2006, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

when you love music even more that that average person you can use your whole body to rock to a beat instead of just your head or hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf! did I get this summary wrong: "when you love music more then the average person, you become a hiphop dancer"

!?
Old 09-27-2006, 04:51 PM

There is a video somewhere of me lip-syncing and moonwalking to the Billie Jean performance at the Apollo. I kilt it.

AsH: If you were at all smooth you would have ended up going to this thing without her ever getting the idea she was potentially invited.

NT
Old 09-27-2006, 04:54 PM

Did anyone else think hip hop dance teams only existed in movies with guys named Turbo and Ozone?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess because I like to act differently around my boys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is your problem buddy, and we all know people like this. Guys that can be completely different depending on the situation they are in and the people they are with. If you had a party, and invited EVERYONE that knew you, how many different AsH's would people know? Your dancing mates would know the jackass AsH, your GF would know the serious AsH, 2+2ers would know the closet homosexual AsH, and your university classmates would know the introverted AsH etc etc. If people from different groups were talking about you, would they even realise they were talking about the same person? Granted you are going to be more extroverted around people you are comfortable with, and more introverted around people you dont know that well, but you shouldn't put on different acts around different groups.

To use a music analogy, you shouldn't be Rap around X people, rock around Y people, and classical around Z people. You should be the same type of music around all people, just altering the volume depending on the situation. Hope my bumbling attempt at social psychology helped...
Old 09-27-2006, 05:43 PM

P(poster)OTY

Culture Shock came to my school a few years back...it's pretty gay, but it seems to fit AsH like a glove.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:44 PM

<font color="gray">Granted you are going to be more extroverted around people you are comfortable with, and more introverted around people you dont know that well, but you shouldn't put on different acts around different groups.</font>

Am I the only person who is the exact opposite? With people I know, I don't make an effort to be social. In groups with a bunch of people who may or may not know each other, I go out of my way to try to include everyone in conversations, and provide running humor so people feel more comfortable.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:52 PM

Ash:

Isn't there a specific move or series of moves that you can do to express your displeasure with her? She would then respond with some moves of her own, and the two of you will have opened a dialog.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but y'now when you hear a song that you LOVE and just bob your head the the beat or snap your fingers... when you love music even more that that average person

[/ QUOTE ]

I can totally relate to this. Some people get consumed by a good song that hits them the right way (melody, harmony etc) and im definitely in that category.

Others just dont and cant understand it (unfortunately for them). Ppl appreciate music on different levels.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Her behavior is not acceptable. If she will not let you do things without her, then that is a huge red flag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a sec, do you mean to say it's acceptable for him to say to his girlfriend that he doesn't want her to come to a party with his new "friends"???

Also, props to edfurlong for calling a spade a spade

[ QUOTE ]
Does your boyfriend get mad that you have a girlfriend? Seriously dude, you're gay. Learn to love it.

[/ QUOTE ]