Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Middle Set Big Pot

[ QUOTE ]
So nobody wants to talk about the flop? Justin called 3 times on one street, and had good opportunities to raise each time. I'm not sure which line is correct, but I'd like to hear more reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joker,

The call reraise on any street is such a super stong play that it almost always means either a set or a huge draw that wants to make an equity raise. When you are playing agaist people who can read hands it isn't a great play to spring to life on the flop since anyone with a brain will know what you have unless there is a reasonable draw that is out there which in this case there is not. So basically, you will get hands like AA or KK to completely shut down on the big streets. Of course if the pot has enough players then you don't care and call reraising will still be correct. That is why Justin just keeps calling on the flop. This of course only applies to the flop. Call rereraise on the big streets is still one of the sexiest plays in LHE and always makes me feel like a star (got one in yesterday BTW.) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2007, 11:19 AM

Call down from here.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:59 PM

I was button in this hand and I held JJ. The guy 4bet the turn and I just called down from there, basically with the thought process that I'm supposed to have JJ and that his 4bet is pretty bad with any hands that I'm ahead of.

River was a 6 and he bet and I called and I won.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
his 4bet is pretty bad with any hands that I'm ahead of.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the only hands you're behind are T8 and 86 -- did you think that was in his PF raising range? I agree his 4-bet is bad with 77, but that shouldn't stop you from 5-betting the 3rd nuts, especially when T8 is extraordinarily unlikely.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
his 4bet is pretty bad with any hands that I'm ahead of.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the only hands you're behind are T8 and 86 -- did you think that was in his PF raising range? I agree his 4-bet is bad with 77, but that shouldn't stop you from 5-betting the 3rd nuts, especially when T8 is extraordinarily unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think it was very unlikely since he was playing smaller than usual.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your line looks so strong Justin, I can't think you are ahead often when he 3 balls the turn. I don't think I can find a fold in a pot this big but putting in any more action against a "young guy playing tight" has to be a mistake. Hopefully he got a little jiggy preflop with 55 but I am expecting to see JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]