Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Stars FPP\'s

For SNGs & MTTs, Stars actually rounds up half points. So if you play a $6.50 SNG, you get 3 FPPs. If you play a $3.30 tourney, you get 2 FPPs.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stars doesnt do partial points, so if you play ALOT of hands at the micros you will more then your rakeoints ratio will be alot higher then the guys that are getting points every single hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is correct if I'm understanding you correctly.

At 1/2 and lower the rake has to be $0.40 to earn an FPP.
You don't just get a point just because the hand is raked.

So at some of the lower stakes you will be playing a lot of hands that are raked $0.05 up to $0.35 that you earn nothing for.

And the lower you go the less your chances are of having a pot make it to $8 to earn that $0.40 rake. So you will end playing a lot of hands that get raked $0.05 or $0.10 perhaps and maybe once in a blue-moon get a hand big enough to actually earn a point.

Obviously at .05/.10 NL you aren't going to earn many points at all because there aren't going to be many pots that make it to the magical $8 mark.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:33 PM

ok I'm really sorry, I made a type, I play .05/.1, which is obviously a lot different than .5/1. Anyways, like somebody said, the pot has to be $8 for the rake to be .4 for me to get a FPP and that just takes forever. Having said that, should I play tournaments instead then since isn't it for every $1 you pay in tournament fees you get a FPP?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:41 PM

Yes.

What Bob said is correct so it would be better moving up limits or start playing some small sngs.

If you start playing the $4.4/180 sngs you will be getting 2 fpp for each one($.4 rake) which should be much better than what you are currently getting
Old 10-19-2007, 03:46 PM

Are you comfortable playing tournaments? Is that what you want to play?

Let me tell you, as an experienced bonus whore who has gone from .25/.50 FR FL last year to 2/4-3/6 SH FL this year (still not very good...I'm a slow learner lol) and has cleared a TON of bonuses in that time frame, don't play different limits, games, etc. just to clear the bonus faster. I remember when I first started I got beat up at Party when I bit off a bit more than I could chew and tried to clear a big bonus quickly. I played too many tables, and lost more than I cleared in bonus. I made a similar mistake several months later at Hollywood...bonus cleared so much better there at higher limits than I usually played. Lost more than I cleared, and eventually abandoned a bonus (sacrilege!).

I know it's frustrating how slowly some bonuses clear at the lower limits, but it's important not to get in over your head trying to clear them quicker. If you're good at and/or enjoy tournaments, great. If not, don't do it!
Old 10-19-2007, 03:58 PM

I think you'd be better of with $5+.50 SNGs than the $4/180 players SNGs... less variance, since you might not cash very often, or at all before you're bust. Don't they have like $1 or $2 SNGs? I still think you're better off improving your game and building a roll before worrying about how many FPPs you're collecting. Why such a desire for FPPs? Getting them quicker won't mean much if you're at $0 and 500 FPP.