Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2006, 10:24 PM

Default Re: ***Official Royals will go at least .500 in 2006 Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
This year they might not lose 100. then again I've been a Royals fan all my life and since 1995 I've been one of the guys that always looked on their bright side. But over the last two seasons, even I have lost my faith.
Then again they did pick up some solid veterans so maybe a wild card is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

KC crow,

Two of my college roommates were sports marketing majors at KU - one ridiculously obsessed with the KC Royals. He would spend untold hours this time of year - and probabaly is right now, re: 2006 season - analyzing acquisitions and potential lineups and pitching rotations. There were two constants through all of this: 1) He was always excited about our prospects for the upcoming season, always thinking we had "a real shot this year." "Come on, man, you should be excited!" he used to say to me. And 2) The Royals would always disappoint.

Your post reminds me of him, and the Royals' 2006 season will surely remind me of the others.

Fifield Go 'Hawks, though; are you a fan?
Old 02-11-2006, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fifield Go 'Hawks, though; are you a fan?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah these are my two favorite teams the Royals and the 'Hawks
Old 02-11-2006, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Then again they did pick up some solid veterans so maybe a wild card is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:33 AM

***Official WHO CARES IF THE Royals go at least .500 in 2006 POST***
Old 02-25-2006, 06:34 PM

The Royals may have got better but they are at best a 4th place team in the AL central.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:40 PM

good luck Royals (even though I'm a Cards fan)

I'm named after George Brett and I enjoyed how the Royals used to be competitive before Steinbrenner's pockets ruined MLB
Old 04-26-2006, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm named after George Brett and I enjoyed how the Royals used to be competitive before Steinbrenner's pockets ruined MLB

[/ QUOTE ]

Steinbrenner is one of the few owners who actually loses money to field a great team, compared to teams like the Devil Rays who could spend more than they do but would rather just hoard it for the owner.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Steinbrenner is one of the few owners who actually loses money to field a great team, compared to teams like the Devil Rays who could spend more than they do but would rather just hoard it for the owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steinbrenner makes money on the Yankees, but he takes less of a cut from the profit as compared to most owners. He's a fan's owner, for sure.

The Devil Rays aren't the best example of this, as their owners are fairly decent actually. It's the Marlins (Loria) that you are probably thinking of.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Steinbrenner makes money on the Yankees, but he takes less of a cut from the profit as compared to most owners. He's a fan's owner, for sure.

The Devil Rays aren't the best example of this, as their owners are fairly decent actually. It's the Marlins (Loria) that you are probably thinking of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my bad, sorry. I was just making the point that Steinbrenner could keep a lot more money for himself than he actually does. But he loves the fans so much that he will operate at a loss for a year or two to sign overpriced superstars.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:41 PM

Gosh, Crow...

Have they dumped something psychedelic into the Missouri River? I just posted a response to a delusional post by a desperate Chiefs supporter. Now you're having Royals fantasies?

My family has had season baseball tickets since the A's played their first game in KC. Believe me, pal. The party's over. And Ewing Kaufmann saw it coming long ago. Simple market economics, given the MLB structure. Add in under-motivated, absentee ownership and incompetent management and you've got a Triple AAA operation.

I'd imagine the T-Bones are far better value...