Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Stuart Fox folds his way to $450k

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sure, this might be a decent strategy if you know before hand that

[ QUOTE ]
apparently the entire FT took 44 hands, which would explain a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

and you can assure yourself second. But much more often he'll fold up a couple places, maybe even 4th or 5th. But without playing some hands he's never getting to the real money (top 3).

[/ QUOTE ]

After playing live all month, I can confirm that you can go 44 hands without seeing a picture card

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I remember stretches like that, but I haven't played live in a long time. It happens online too, but there had to be some spot that he could have used position or a resteal or something that would have increased his chances.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, there doesn't have to be a spot like that. We've all run like [censored] over 40 hands, and it probably happens to each of us daily.

People get card-dead. All the time. You can't fault someone for not putting money in the pot once in 44 times without being in their seat and pinpointing an actual, specific mistake.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually that would. It seems less like strategy and more like a dead carding that worked out not the worst.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:19 PM

For much of the table, the chipleader was the big blind when he had the button. Makes it tough to steal. Mackey also got a lot of chips pretty early on. Then Binger got a big stack and Fox was sandwiched between the two big stacks.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you can assure yourself second. But much more often he'll fold up a couple places, maybe even 4th or 5th. But without playing some hands he's never getting to the real money (top 3).

[/ QUOTE ]

After playing live all month, I can confirm that you can go 44 hands without seeing a picture card

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I remember stretches like that, but I haven't played live in a long time. It happens online too, but there had to be some spot that he could have used position or a resteal or something that would have increased his chances.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, there doesn't have to be a spot like that. We've all run like [censored] over 40 hands, and it probably happens to each of us daily.

People get card-dead. All the time. You can't fault someone for not putting money in the pot once in 44 times without being in their seat and pinpointing an actual, specific mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
The announcers both stated that he folded A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG early on during the FT. It was very clear what he was doing, he chose to fold. He even explained his strategy in an interview afterward. He just wanted to fold, fold, fold, his way to higher $$
Old 06-15-2007, 11:23 PM

pff !!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] playing online.

I could probably go 144 hands without a picture card and not even notice thanks to the speed of the games.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:14 AM

New poker terminology:
Folding to advance up the payout ladder = Stu-Foxing

As in, "With five left the chip leader had such a huge lead, I knew I had very little chance to win, so I Stu-Foxed up to 3rd before going all-in."
Old 06-16-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] playing online.

I could probably go 144 hands without a picture card and not even notice thanks to the speed of the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

144, np, but . . .

Old 06-16-2007, 03:58 PM

http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...t=33&e=127

he looks like the biggest loser ive ever seen
Old 06-16-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The announcers both stated that he folded A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG early on during the FT. It was very clear what he was doing, he chose to fold. He even explained his strategy in an interview afterward. He just wanted to fold, fold, fold, his way to higher $$

[/ QUOTE ]

AJs UTG early in an FT = play to the felt?

Fwiw, i fold AJs UTG ealry on at an FT every day and twice on sunday.

44 hands, lol, did it even mention the blinds at that point, cos unless he was pretty shortstacked he played 100% perfectly - the idea he should have found a spot to make a better play and gain chips is pretty retarded.