Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Set and overpair plays...50NL what do you think?

Hand 1: raise all over the place. If it was folded to you preflop, I'd raise there too. Once you hit your set, your goal should be to GET YOUR CHIPS IN THE MIDDLE! ALL OF THEM! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seriously...you need to maximize the value you get from your sets to counterbalance all the times you don't hit, or you hit and they fold etc. I'd raise to 5-6 on flop and then 3/4 to PSB on turn and river.

Hand2 Preflop is fine, but why aren't you betting the flop? People will 3bet with more than just AA and on a low flop like this, hands like JJ and QQ will pay you very well (and will probably push back) on every street. As played, I like the turn raise to get value from draws that won't pay when they miss on the river.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:09 AM

Hand 1: Push turn...ok now push river...

Hand 2:Hard to check fold after he didn't show aggression on flop. He could be thinking QQ or even JJ is good here.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

most times when i get reraised big when i'm holding kk
the other guy had aa
more than 70 %

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobodies 3-bet range is AA and AA only. Out of the BB, I would expect a reasonable re-raise range to be QQ+, AK. Against the CO, I would expand my range quite a bit. Against any reasonably aggressive player, KK is crushing his range preflop.

But, now that you have him on AA, why are you looking to get it all in? That doesn't seem to follow.

The thing about both these hands is that you are tentative and/or trappy with your big hands. Big hands are for betting. Reach into you pockets for a handful of chips and wing them into the pot as hard as you can. If they bounce up and injure the guy, so much the better. Bet, bet, bet bet, bet. There is absolutely no reason not to go broke with an underset on an AAxxx board. NLsmall is about getting paid off on you big hands. You don't get paid off checking and calling.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Go broke somewhere. Raise the flop, bet more on the turn, shove the river. No 50NL player will ever fold trip Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen them itching to throw them away in the highstakes forum either.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:25 AM

But guys don't be so hard, if people have aa 70% of the time than he should obv be concerned.

Hand 1 - You should be going crazy...absolutely crazy, who is that other guy to have an over set...whatever site your at is most def. rigged! Get your money off it.

Hand 2 - WHATT???? I guess that was the 30% of the time he didn't have aces...jeeze, i'm glad i waited till the turn to raise! Yep better yet wait till the next hand to raise, that was he can't possibly slow play you.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 AM

I like the way he induced the guy to bet his queens in Hand 2.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:10 PM

Thanks for the input guys.

In my experience, i lose so many kings to aces in 3+bet pots. But this might be skewed by my moving up from 25NL to 50NL recently.

How often are you guys slowplaying? I read through this, http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12218135
but aren't those guidelines too strict?

Over 11k hands at 50NL my PT stats are 14/2.2/2.62 .. Are there any other stats that I could give that I could receive feedback on?

Thanks for the input guys!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 PM

PFR is FAR too low!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:22 PM

Every once in a while, when the board is just right, the planets are aligning, and moon is in the right phase, I'll check the turn with quads or a boat.

I almost never slow play. I want your stack. I can't get your stack if I don't work at it. When I get to the level where people stop giving me their stacks and I have to eek out extra bets, I might start to slow play more.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:22 PM

Raise more pre-flop.