Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2006, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Diagnose me, doctors!

I got herpes in the eye once. No kidding.

Doc said I was looking for love in all the wrong places

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2006, 01:21 AM

Old 03-04-2006, 01:21 AM

I'm pretty sure if you are seeking a medical diagnosis on OOT you are from a acute dislocation of the cranium into the colon. A sea salt cleanse may do the trick.

HTH. HAND.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:39 AM

strep throat.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
strep throat.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you definetly want to go to a doctor ASAP. This needs to be treated with anti-biotics because depending on the type, it can become very harmful. I have had it maybe three times.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
strep throat.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you definetly want to go to a doctor ASAP. This needs to be treated with anti-biotics because depending on the type, it can become very harmful. I have had it maybe three times.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure it was strep? Couldn't it have been a pubic hair caught in your throat?
Old 03-04-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
strep throat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure it was strep? Couldn't it have been a pubic hair caught in your throat?

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhahaha nice.

ive had strep like 8992849248 times. you for sure need antibiotics.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:11 AM

Sigh - health issues - everything you think you know is wrong.

1) No, you can't tell by looking if a pharyngitis is bacterial or viral. Doesn't matter if you're Marcus [censored] Welby. Been shown clearly in multiple controlled studies.
Exuadate, redness etc,etc - doesn't matter. You can't tell, and neither can a professor of Pediatrics at Harvard.

2) The dandy Q-tip in the back of the throat strep test is fairly sensitive and specific. For you non-scientific types, this means it picks up a lot of the people who have strep, and is usually negative in those that don't - but see 3)...

3) A fair (the percentage varies, depending on where you live) number of people are strep carriers, meaning that if you do a strep test on them when they feel fine, it will be positive - so ANY time they have a sore throat, whether viral in origin or not, they will have a positive strep test.

4) As one poster noted, us MD types tend to treat most people who we think have strep to prevent rhumatic fever, which can follow untreated strep infections. Since this is already too long, look it up if you care.

5) Additionally, if you come in with a sore throat that is viral in nature, and I put you on antibiotics, you'll be better in three days, and you'll think I'm a hell of a doctor. Of course, if I'd told you to swill cheap beer, you'd be better too, as most viral illness improve after three days, but I don't get credit that way. If you do have strep, and I put you on antibiotics, you'll feel better in three days, and think I'm a hell of a doctor. Which I am.

6) Thrush is white plaques that bleed if they are rubbed off the mucosal surfaces in the mouth. You don't have that.

7) Could be herpes, could be apthous ulcers from your description - could be non-specific viral smutz, parvo virus, foot and mouth, or fifty other things. But probably not.

8)It wasn't the popcorn, unless you're well insured and your inheritors are putting ground glass in it...you may want to watch them....

MM MD