Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 12:54 PM

Default Re: shuffled hole cards

LOL. I assure you if this was at PS, villain's cards were not re-arranged at showdown, and he is your way too typical PS loose-passive stud donk who got lucky and sucked-out on the river.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:56 PM

Yes. In fact, in some cases the cards are NOT shuffled in hand histories but are at the table.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for noob question, but what is it mean? And how would this info affect my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I make it a habit of checking the instant hand history each time I go to showdown and my opponent mucks his hand or catches what I think was a miracle card. I want to make sure he had what I think he had, what he started with to try to chase down my 3rd street raising hand, whether he hit his flush in 5 or on 7th, etc. If the hands were shuffled you would have to guess which order the cards were dealt to determine what he had on 3rd street or what he caught on 7th.

At Stars, even when the opponents hand is mucked after showdown, you can check the instant hand history to see what he had in the order they were dealt. Makes quick note taking a lot easier for the next time he tries it.

dandy
Old 10-13-2006, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, they do it live at showdown. At cryptogic sites, they re-arrange the whole hand so that the five cards that make up your poker hand are all moved to the left and displayed in order of precedence from left to right. As far as I can tell, at FTP they just randomly shuffle your hole cards, and sometimes don't shuffle them at all. Why FTP does it this way is a mystery to me, and I assume that whether they re-arrange or don't re-arrange your hole cards on any given hand is also done randomly.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you shuffle three cards, sometimes they will end up in their original order.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:14 AM

i dun personally play on full tilt yet, but i've read that they dun so much "shuffle" ur 3 down cards, rather they rearrange them from the highest to the lowest.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:15 AM

or it may be the other way round, lowest to highest; either way, i dun think it's random.