Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Grindhouse opens today...

Planet Terror was horrible. It really made no sense whatsoever, and just denigrated into idiotic killing that wasn't even remotely entertaining.

Death Proof was entertaining if you take it just for what it is and don't try to find some deeper meaning. The dialogue was immensely entertaining, Kurt Russell rapes souls, hot chicks always rule, and car chases kick ass.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Planet Terror was horrible. It really made no sense whatsoever, and just denigrated into idiotic killing that wasn't even remotely entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

The killing was pretty damn entertaining IMO, and I must ask what you expected in terms of a cohesive plot in a movie that is an homage to dozens of other mindless zombie movies that have preceeded it? Planet Terror F'ing ruled!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:55 AM

Yeah, Planet Terror was pretty much the best movie ever.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Death Proof was entertaining if you take it just for what it is and don't try to find some deeper meaning. The dialogue was immensely entertaining, Kurt Russell rapes souls, hot chicks always rule, and car chases kick ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically you are willing to accept one movie for what it is, but completely unwilling to accept the other one for what it is?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

after reading some of your posts i think i could safely post the exact opposite of whatever your opinion is and be right about 95% of the time.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:19 PM

This movie was absolutely horrible.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This movie was absolutely horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

by the end of deathproof i was just praying that kurt russell would somehow end up brutally murdering all three of those sloots
Old 04-14-2007, 12:54 PM

Loved this. Someone beat me to it, but I heart Zoe Bell. Claudia from 24 is up there from DP as well.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:31 PM

I liked Planet Terror a bit more but that final chase scene in Death Proof was great suspense. Too much dialog in Death Proof though. And also Kurt Russell is pretty damn cool.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:56 PM

I liked both of them a lot. I particularly enjoyed how Tarantino reversed expectations during his movie entirely. The first half with Jungle Julia turned out just how the audience imagined it (albeit a bit slower).. but the second half the roles became entirely reversed, right on down to the white car/black car theme. In that sense Planet Terror offered the audience what they were likely expecting based on the advertising (explosions and women with guns for legs!) and Death Proof reversed that with a much more dialogue-driven film. The two worked very well together, IMO.

Werewolf Women of the SS's Nick Cage as 'FuManChu' was my highlight of the entire three hours. That and maybe Cheech playing a shotgun-toting priest.