Old 03-05-2006, 10:40 PM

Default Re: AA line

Who is this weak-tight nit sigh_?

BTW Baluga, NH.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gerund-
winning the preflop raise is fine. There will also be those times we both set up, and that is good too. There is simply no way I'm letting go of Aces on that board.
the stats I have on you indicate that you are a 29/4/.7 player, somewhat loose passive- the very type that calls off their stack with AJ in this situation. Apparently I don't have a large enough sample size on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

But there is something else. I play somewhat loose passive on that limit, depending on the other players on the table. That limit on Party is infested with Maniacs and the way I play them for the maxium return is like that.

Also players like you who raise the pot with a monster hand like pocket rockets are vunerable to small sets, as a flop like that is not scary to you, and I did not do anything to scare you.

Poker Tracker figures on me will never show my true playing style, as I am constantly changing what I do, depending on the table, the players, how I am running, what colour socks I have on, the day of the week Etc.

I will play AA for a small raise, then play them like I play TT or JJ after the flop, or I will play them for all my stack only if I have put in a 40XBB raise pre-flop. I still get maniacs beat me with small pocket pairs and sometimes hands like KQ, but most of the time the big raise will drive out all but one.

Here's the difference - at bigger tables (bigger than $25 buy in) I play AA and KK just like you did, and I won't get called by the small pocket pairs. I think it was Doyle Brunson who said that most players undervalue the small pocket pairs and overvalue the large ones.

Regards

The Friendly Villain [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2006, 11:29 PM

people still call raises at higher limits with small pocket pairs.

If you're playing AA only for set value postflop, you're missing a lot of value from KQ when the flop comes down K83.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same way and expect to get called by all kinds of [censored]. NH.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed... I have no idea why a lot of you think the turn push is bad [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people still call raises at higher limits with small pocket pairs.

If you're playing AA only for set value postflop, you're missing a lot of value from KQ when the flop comes down K83.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right.

So am I.

I did say I change what I do. I also change depending on the figures I have on each player. So it always depends. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Gerund