Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Limit O8 - Little blind pre flop question

Yukon CPA - You should like to either play this hand heads-up or as a drawing hand against as many callers as possible and as cheaply as possible. But those are not your options.

Hard to say from the information given what Button’s motive for raising is.

You can’t like being bullied out of the pot, however your best move is probably to fold. I don't think re-raising will get you one-on-one with the raisor and even if it did, I'm not sure you want to be playing this hand out of position one-on-one against an aggressive opponent with a good hand.

Buzz
Old 04-26-2007, 10:19 PM

Easy call.

Raising here accomplishes nothing.

Folding is too weak.

Call and play the flop well, however, if you (like many other LO8 players) don't know how to fold AA post flop, then fold preflop.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy call.

Raising here accomplishes nothing.

Folding is too weak.

Call and play the flop well, however, if you (like many other LO8 players) don't know how to fold AA post flop, then fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering if anyone was going to get around to advocating a call. This is how I played it. I can't remember how the flop came down, but I ended up checking and folding right on the flop. By the turn, I would have dumped this hand a majority of the time, so I was wondering afterwords if just dumping the hand preflop is best. Then I began to wonder if there was any value in 3 betting and making it 3 handed instead of 4 handed ( with maybe a 10% chance of getting hu ) might be a good move.

I ran an all in simulation assuming that the raiser raised with the top 10% of hands and that the early limper was random and came up with a 37/39/24 split ( with my hand being 37). Then I did the same thing with 4 players and came up with 27/34/19/20 ( with mine being 27 ). I re-ran the simulation assuming the early limper only limped with the top 40% of hands and actually got similar results. As you can see, assuming everyone is all in, that I'm a small favorite to the mean. But this small favorite is going to run into some heavy problems post flop, being out of position.

edit - I'm a little surprised when running these all in simulations just how well 2 aces with 2 garbage cards hold up. My experience is that post flop, these hands are very difficult to play. Even if I flopped the nut flush draw, if there are 2 low cards on board, I'd be hard pressed to continue.