Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 07:32 AM

Default Re: kinda LC but not really, running cold and adjusting.

Just open up your game a tiny bit in position and keep playing your regular game.

As long as you recognize that your image has changed and adapt (ie. steal a bit more) you'll be fine and the cold run will even itself out eventually.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Saying that playing 19/14 is leaving money on the table is also incorrect if the implication is that playing looser is more profitable. What is more profitable is playing BETTER, and this increase in skill enables you to play more situations profitably, and THEREFORE you play looser.

Loosening up is not the beginning of the process, its the end result. See?

[/ QUOTE ]

gold.

While we are talking about stats the oft quoted 20/15 TAG stats or thereabouts is what your overall numbers ought to look like.

Personally I play about 9/9 UTG and 32/20 OTB with a gradual increase from EP to LP.

this is over a LOT of hands tho - individual sessions can vary a lot - and I switch my play lots as well and go crazy maniacal sometimes when the table situation calls for it.

Whatever you do don't get stuck in the "I must play xxx/yyy stats" mindset - use them as a guide - thats all they really are.

Learn to play better - learn to recognise +EV situations - learn to make good decisions preflop and postflop - and let the stats look after themselves.

You should never sit at a table (unless you are experimenting) and think today I am going to play LAG or today I am going to be TAG - you always want to adapt to the table .
Old 03-22-2007, 08:06 AM

I've just got off the end of a huge card dead stretch, there's really not much you can do about it to be honest. KEW's advice is spot on here. It can be very very frustrating indeed especially when you finaly pick up a TP hand and some ubernit raises it up.

I know exactly where you're comming from on your last post, just try think in terms of your table image and use it at the right time.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

e) Get the hell out of Full Tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

What's terribly wrong with Full Tilt?

[/ QUOTE ]
riggers [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain. I play some at Full Tilt.

I guess you may be joking.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Loosening up is not the beginning of the process, its the end result. See?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, thanks to another great post, I think I do see. Cheers.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:32 AM

I recently ran pot cold for last few k hands in the sense of my stats were in the usual area and I was stealing 25%, problem was my draws were missing and when I did flop big I just won the flop pot. Hence wtSD waas down and w$SD 43%.

When your not wining any decent sized pots, it magnifies any small mistakes you make - which made me realise how important avoiding getting reliogusly floated and lsing those small PFR. PFR+cbet pots to xlooseys as Matrix mentioned earlier.

[ QUOTE ]

Seat select better. Sit at tables with tight players in the 2 seats to your left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also about rasing preflop more, I think I need to do this more, I was *cough* playing higher and saw a regular continually PFR and cbetting whenever the pot was limped and often taking it down and slowing growing his stack ~ +30bbs over few hundrudo hands.

Thismade me realise these non-equity (based on our hands/board) plays i.e semi-bluffing are invariant on card-deadness and can smooth out the card deadness.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:14 AM

I came back because i just thought of something that might help

Play one table and use a card blinder exploit reads and position. Hopefully this might help to restore your confidence in loosening up a bit. As an extra added bonus you don't get to see all those junk hands! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2. Everyone in this thread is saying like "oh do this and do that and raise your W$DE%FSLK percentage and fine tune your R%$JHKL numbers". BS. BBBSSSS. Just play your game, dont worry about your stats

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd just like to say that my reply was mainly to do with

[ QUOTE ]
anywhooooo, my purpose here it to get some feed back on what you do when you are running super card dead to stay active

[/ QUOTE ]

and was basically "raise more hands on the CO/Button" & "Don't sit at tables with better opponents"

[/ QUOTE ]

I re-read my post and it does seem like I'm criticising you a little. Of course this is un-intentional and your follow up points are more than valid.

My mention of "W%$$"FDS" and "WD$rekH" basically is my way of saying that people focus far too much on the minute detail of their stats, which I think can be incredibly counter productive.

Anyway, I think we understand each-other. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]