Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   kinda LC but not really, running cold and adjusting. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361139)

the machine 03-22-2007 12:17 AM

kinda LC but not really, running cold and adjusting.

so as a few uNLers know ive been in a albeit short, but crappy downswing. for example, over 1k hands last night i picked up 103 and 102 suited an unsuited a total of 23 times. while AK and AQ i had a total of 9 times. which seems very trivial, blah blah meow chow. my point is is that a few times when i have steal opportunities like AJ from teh button or 98s squeeze play from a blind im facing 3 bets from 2 other players. so obv i just fold

the problem im facing is that when i dont have hands its folding around to me and i obv muck.

so my game has gone from a standard 22-17 VPIP and 18-15 PFR down to 14-10 VPIP and 10-8 PFR. some limping is due to over active players where i call with small pairs and some SC's in position.

so obv a decent amount of my PFR's get respect. on the ones that dont, esp when i have air for some reason arent getting much respecct, but thats neither here nor there.

anywhooooo, my purpose here it to get some feed back on what you do when you are running super card dead to stay active. its def hurting my image because i seem liike a weak nit and im not getting enough action on my big hands.

do you guys just start raising up absolute trash when in position to stay active. in other words if you see that you are running like 14/12 10/7 etc would you feel the need to pop a 93o from the button just to steal blinds and stay active?? folds to you in sb do you start rasing up any 2???

jonyy6788 03-22-2007 12:23 AM

Re: kinda LC but not really, running cold and adjusting.

wow....about the lowest i will ever go is 12/12....this is only if there's huge fishies in the blinds and a bunch of limpers in front.

STEPS:
a) move down further
b) revamp your game
c) set your mind that you're not getting 3-bet light...if you're getting 3-bet light LEAVE the table
d) if you're on too big of a downswing, I'd consider there is something wrong with my game.
e) Get the hell out of Full Tilt

also, feel free to AIM me...wburgknights33

the machine 03-22-2007 12:26 AM

im playin 50NL on a 40BI bankroll.

10BI swing in 1k hands, 90% just 2 outters and runner runner srsly

how the hell did you know i was at FT

breandan 03-22-2007 12:29 AM

omg...if ur running that tight and ur getting 3 bet light for gods sake dont leave the table...i mean seriously ur openning range is so tight they're retarded to 3 bet u light but if they are relish and take their moneys with glee...other than that i dont know man...is this 6 max? 14-10 is sick tight for 6 max...take a break come back and start raising it up and playing well post flop and stuff.

jonyy6788 03-22-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im playin 50NL on a 40BI bankroll.

10BI swing in 1k hands, 90% just 2 outters and runner runner srsly

how the hell did you know i was at FT

[/ QUOTE ]

hands u've converted....I lost $900 (some tilt) in 3 days at NL50 on FT. Don't feel bad, but you're obv. having mental problems with the game right now if you're playing 10/8

breandan 03-22-2007 12:36 AM

step 1.move to full ring and play the exact same way (i.e. 12/10, 10/8)

Step 2. ??????

Step 3. profit.

the machine 03-22-2007 12:37 AM

yeah it does seem sick tight but its actually not that tight. im raising up all good hands in position and out lowes like KQo OOP, all SC's from late position but im srsly card dead. my point being when youre totally card dead whats your plan of action to stay active and not be a nit. currently on 2 tables im running 14/12 and 16/12. ive also been sitting in games with opponents who are VPIP of 40 or higher, and alot are pretty aggro, which may be the reasoning for me tightening up so much. but on the same token i am running super cold

jonyy6788 03-22-2007 12:39 AM

there's nothing wrong with some variation in your play based on table conditions....I play about 17/13, but that can be anywhere from 23/21 to 12/10 from table to table.

I'm playing nL50 on a 49BI bankroll....

EMc 03-22-2007 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there's nothing wrong with some variation in your play based on table conditions....I play about 17/13, but that can be anywhere from 23/21 to 12/10 from table to table.

I'm playing nL50 on a 49BI bankroll....

[/ QUOTE ]

Im playing with a....

61 BI BR. LOSER I AM.

breandan 03-22-2007 12:47 AM

i know this is totally against 2+2 standards but when im at a table with a couple 40+ aggros im cold-calling a fair amount in position...but i usually only play 4 tables at most so my reads are usually quite good.