Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 10:15 PM

Default Any other way to play this monster pot?

MP3 is 57/12
CO is 22/15
Button is 27/8
SB is 36/17

Full Tilt Poker ($5/$10 Limit Hold'em) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

I expect I'm closing the action getting 9:1 and hey you gotta flop broadway occasionally right--plus these guys prob suck. Since I'm so good at the pokers I call.

Flop: (25.5 SB) [Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (26.75 BB) [Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

River: (49.75 BB) [Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

I'm not sure what is wrong with the converter--pot is $301.50 after rake at the end. so 30BB.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Any other way to play this monster pot?

I don't really know why you would lead the flop there. I mean it would have to be for value and I'm not to sure it is given the nature of the board and the action so far. As to the river, you'll see AK/KT/T9 enough to call get 30-1.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:34 PM

I agree with Leader about the flop lead. It doesn't seem right to me at all.

River call is fine.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:36 PM

I lead the flop to hopefully face the Button and CO with 2-3 bets--not that that prob matters but I figured I'd give it a shot.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lead the flop to hopefully face the Button and CO with 2-3 bets--not that that prob matters but I figured I'd give it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your goal seems to be to knock people out. If I have no chance to win a pot UI then I'd rather keep everyone in with a draw. You can't really make a case for cleaning up outs here because the parlay would be pretty rare. i.e. MP raises your bet. CO has AK and folds. I guess there's some deception value to a bet, but I don't think it's enough.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:32 PM

jesus christ, did you puke when you saw that river?

anyways, i agree with leader on all counts. i would usually just check/call or check/raise the flop, depending on how many opponents were coming along (although i don't think the flop lead is really all that bad)

as for river, you know you can't fold getting 30:1
Old 11-11-2006, 11:33 PM

Beautiful river card for ya
Old 11-11-2006, 11:39 PM

flop lead is TERRIBLE. you have no shot of winning without a showdown so you want everyone to see the turn. implied odds ===moneystuffs

rest of the hand is pretty easy.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:09 AM

As others have said, your flop lead makes no sense. Why do you want to try and knock players out?

River card blows. Call and lose to a boat.