Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: The Soprano\'s: All in the Family Game Thread

Need to hear from Sieg.

If Sieg isn't Tony, why would someone NOT counter claim yesterday? What would the strategy behind not countering be?

[First long game, sorry]
Old 05-03-2007, 01:33 PM

Neil: IY is saved by the evil vote switcher there 100% of the time. It tells us nothing about his role. I'm not trying to create a panic, I'm trying to get people looking in a fruitful direction. SINCE IY IS INCREDIBLY UNLIKELY TO GET LYNCHED. Especially since nobody has made anything resembling a case for him being evil.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What would the strategy behind not countering be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanting another peek, not having any peeks to prove the claim, being AFK.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What would the strategy behind not countering be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanting another peek, not having any peeks to prove the claim, being AFK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being scared to come out, waiting on Seig to make a mistake and then pounce on him. There are many reasons.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:10 PM

This is a collect call from Uruguay. You'll accept the charges? Great.

I was roleblocked again last night. I don't know if the angels were on me or not last night, of course - I don't honestly believe they SHOULD have been, since my seer-abilities have been semi-permanently incapacitated by the roleblocker. In some respects I would have rather I died than kokiri. If were dead, and confirmed to all of you as Tony, you'd be taking my suggestions I made yesterday more seriously today.

Eskimo and Mark have done nothing to improve their dirty names. Eskimo is finally catching some heat today. Mark's posts in the last half hour yesterday should have removed any lingering doubt in anyone's mind that he was a wolf. (And "good logic" in his post yesterday? Let me remind you, what he said was, "zomg we have one player alive who was on both #1 wagons" - tell me, how is that a bad place for a thinking villager who wants to kill wolves to be?)

IMO IY was mostly wolf before last night, and he also made himself more wolfy with his late-afternoon actions yesterday.

Herbie was #4 on my wolf list yesterday, and as the first one I had any real concerns of having misread, he was my attempted peek last night. I don't like him any better today, but he hasn't come right out and confessed being a wolf like the other three did.

Between the over-enthusiastic defenses of me when it appeared certain I was dying; his ability to read me early coupled with my being roleblocked early; and the way his bandwagon got effortlessly deflected, DustinG has now moved past herbie up to #4 on my wolf list.

That leaves one more wolf left over - possibly two, if I am wrong about herbie. These wolves will be among those who deflected votes from mark and dustin onto kokiri last night.

Remember, wolves love to propose improbable twisted scenarios and make them sound common, and wolves loves to post "facts" with holes in them. Let me remind you of a few things:

Even if I am not roleblocked, I get no N0 peek, and only a 50% chance of peeks, and I claimed on Day THREE. It is very easy for Tony to have no peeks. It's unlucky, but it's not even "bad beat" territory - having the other seer nailed on N1 and having two votes in a row get mangled by the random (and the idiot votebuyer), now THAT was a bad beat, and hurt us more than offing blundetto did, or even offing me would have.

Funny how a lot of folks said "seer with no peeks? ridiculous" without a second thought. REALLY funny how certain people this morning accuse me of having made a day four seer claim yesterday. What's the matter, someone chop off a finger and you can't count? No? Cmere, let me take care of that for you.

Almost forgot. vote eskimo. Though I honestly believe Mark is the most dangerous wolf (in terms of his thinking, not necessarily his role - they do chat, so a smart vanilla wolf can tell a dumb power wolf what to do), and, if Dustin is a wolf, he also is very dangerous.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:12 PM

Well, I have been waiting to hear from Seig, and there it was. If there is another Tony claim, now would be a good time for it.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If were dead, and confirmed to all of you as Tony, you'd be taking my suggestions I made yesterday more seriously today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. Following confirmed villagers has led to village ruin in the past.

Though Eskimo is one of those guys pushing not to vote IY, and now you're voting him, argh! Don't tempt me, heh. When I vote on emotion like that it usually doesn't work well.

As for Herbie, I've kept him lean village in my mind because there was a good chance he was the other seer's peek. You don't agree?
Old 05-03-2007, 02:39 PM

Hey I just woke up.

I feel like an [censored]

I was convinced Kokiri was a wolf and Dustin was a power villager come the end of yesterday. I led the Kokiri wagon to save Dustin and I will take 100% blame for that.

Honestly, I won't blame any of you for lynching me today, since I deserve it. I hope you don't, since it would mean insta-loss for the village, but I can understand if you do.

Sorry.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Though Eskimo is one of those guys pushing not to vote IY, and now you're voting him, argh!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why argh? I've been saying Eskimo and IY were both wolves since the middle of D2. Not surprising at all to see eskimo come up with a line in defence of IY again, just like he did when he wanted me or luckay lynched instead of IY before.

[ QUOTE ]
As for Herbie, I've kept him lean village in my mind because there was a good chance he was the other seer's peek. You don't agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think the chance is virtually nil that herbie was fxmda's peek. From most to least likely, I think that fxmda 1) didn't say anything at all about his peek - I wouldn't, on D1, as a seer, usually; 2) peeked mark as wolf and was too obvious about it; 3) peeked boiler as villager and added him to the purely-logical zurvan and dmk reads.

I also think it's time we quit losing sleep over fxmda's peeks or lack there of on day one. We've got plenty of obvious wolves in our midst now, but the only ones who agree are the wolves themeselves, who are having great fun keeping me locked up in the asylum while they kill everyone on my villager list.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:52 PM

I say argh jokingly because you're voting Eskimo, which makes it slightly more likely an Eskimo vote is correct, at a time when I'm trying to talk myself out of emotionally voting Eskimo. By the time the day is out there's a decent chance I'll have my vote there, assuming IY gets his free pass for yet another day.

As for Herbie and fmxda's peeks, gotcha.