Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2006, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Pat Tillman

Pat Tillman fought in the American Revolution?
Old 05-28-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"He said this over and over again until he stopped."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say so if he lost his dome.

I've never been big on Pat Tillman. I got respect for the guy, but no more or no less than any other soldier who has ever fought for our country. I think the whole Pat Tillman thing is all overblown since there's not much we can hold high from this war.

/end political talk

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying you know a lot of 20-something year old millionaires who gave up their money and lifestyle so they could fight for YOUR freedom?

It's one thing to fight for your country. It's another to give up a dream lifestyle to fight for it. Pat Tillman is the MAN.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very naive if you think Tillman is the only one who gave up a "rich" lifestyle to fight for their country.

Not ever soldier is some high school reject who had nothing to do with their life than to join the army.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been big on Pat Tillman. I got respect for the guy, but no more or no less than any other soldier who has ever fought for our country. I think the whole Pat Tillman thing is all overblown since there's not much we can hold high from this war.

/end political talk

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying you know a lot of 20-something year old millionaires who gave up their money and lifestyle so they could fight for YOUR freedom?

It's one thing to fight for your country. It's another to give up a dream lifestyle to fight for it. Pat Tillman is the MAN.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the old days it was common for sports stars to enlist.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/end political talk

[/ QUOTE ]
Tillman died in Afghanistan, not Iraq. There is a big difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think so, and they're very much connected. Afghan isn't as big of a disaster as Iraq, but it's not been anything good either. Iraq just takes the headline over Afghan.

[/ QUOTE ]

not that big of a disaster? not anything good?

Though there are some connections, there definitely is a significant difference between the situations in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:51 PM

Afghan isn't anything great either, you just don't hear about it because of the disaster Iraq is. There's still military operations everyday in Afghan, there's still people killed everyday (not talking about random violence). We didn't get the head guys we went to Afghan to get. They still don't have a real government setup yet, it's still just a shell.

Afghan isn't really much different than Iraq.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've never been big on Pat Tillman. I got respect for the guy, but no more or no less than any other soldier who has ever fought for our country.

[/ QUOTE ]

I, too, have no more or less respect for him than any other soldier who has ever fought for our country. This is why I am big on Pat Tillman.

It's humanly impossible to know everyone who has fought for the country, which is why Pat Tillman is significant as a symbol of them.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:45 PM

Afghan is ten times better than Iraq. Comparing the Taliban vs. Saddam is [censored] joke. While it is still a problem BECAUSE of the IRAQ war...all our soldiers are in IRAQ instead of Afganistan so it is starting to unravel.

The vast vast majority of soldiers are poor or at best middle class.

The smoke grenades where a major part...once those went up the soldiers firing were at fault. It is not a case of normal friendly fire...I wouldn't be surprised if several of the soldiers are court martialed and serve prison time.

Its basically like 4 or 5 times the soldiers were ordered to stop firing, that it was our own guys, and for whatever reason they disobeyed the orders and kept firing till finally they blew off Tillman's head.

I never realized his brother was there when he was killed.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/end political talk

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but in the old days, it wasn't common for sports stars to be millionaires.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pat Tillman fought in the American Revolution?

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/end political talk

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but in the old days, it wasn't common for sports stars to be millionaires.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was exactly my point. Not many guys would do or did what Tillman did.