Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Breach - Move Review

I watched this movie last night, and while it wasn't anywhere close to a great movie, it's not the piece of [censored] that everyone here is making it out to be. I think the reason everyone is hating on it is because of how awesome it could have been.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Breach - Move Review (mild spoiler)

[ QUOTE ]
Riverboatkind mentioned "god awful pacing." I couldn't agree more. I will first say that a movie doesn't have to be action packed and a thriller to entertain me b/c actually my favorite movies are some of the movies that get bashed on here for being boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya two of my favorite movies (barry lyndon and 2001) were very slow paced, so i don't need my movie to be indiana jones every second, however the movie needs to have good pacing for THAT movie...and this one didn't.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:43 AM

Fonda did indeed get an Oscar nomination. Jack Nicholson won that year and congratulated the other nominees, including "my old biking buddy Peter."

Nicholson won for "As Good As It Gets," which I disliked, and I especially disliked his mugging performance. And I'm a fan of Jack's. The performance of that year that will be most admired in the future, IMHO, is Dustin Hoffman's in "Wag the Dog." It gets better for me each time I watch it.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Breach - Move Review

Saw it this weekend and thought it was just okay. Cooper is so much better than any of the other actors in this movie.

Did anyone see the made for TV movie with William Hurt? I thought it was a much more realistic interpretation of what made Hanssen do what he did. Also, Hurt was enjoyably creepy in that role. Does anyone thnk he is an underrated actor?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:36 PM

It's hard to give any weight to Bruiser's opinion on movies when he bashes movies like Breach that stray slightly away from the Hollywood formula and receive good reviews, and then won't stop talking about Ghostrider after he camps out to see it opening day.