Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Leaving something on top of your car?

A couple of months ago I took off from home and I was just getting up to speed (70mph) and I notice the vehicle passing me waving, which is pretty normal around here, I wave back but at second glance I see they are pointing to the top of the Suburban.

I hear a weird sound and look out the rearview mirror just in time to see the cat falling off the back. Check the side mirror and see her hit the pavement, skid a ways while she is digging in for the side of the road and then run off to the side of the road.

I did stop and go back and even looked for her awhile and she was no where to be found. It was still really close to where the house is. We didn't see her for a few days and then she shows up looking no worse for the wear. Cats really DO have nine lives
Old 03-16-2007, 11:13 AM

I used to be pretty into ghostriding the whip. I would leave myself and my homes on top of my car.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:36 AM

It was a drak and dreary night...
My buddy is a painter.
Left a big metal ladder on top his truck without lashing it down.
He got on a divided 4 lane highway, got it up to 60mph.

Then he heard the sound of the ladder sliding off the roof.
Lucky, no traffic behind him. He pulls over, maybe 100 yards past where he lost his ladder in the middle of the road.
As he's walking along the side of the road to get his ladder, here comes a handful of cars. They all miss the ladder, except the last car, which centers it.
The ladder hangs up under the little car making a gawd awful racket and shooting sparks. Little car pulls to the side of the road right next to my buddy.

Thinking quick, he said "christ, some [censored] dropped that ladder in the middle road. I just hit it with my truck and was going to try to get it outta the road when you came along and hit it. Man, that sucks."

At that buddy went back to his truck and drove away.