Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Best friend slept with girl of my dreams, what SHOULD I do?

I think you have a right to be pissed off at your friend, but this hardly falls under the category of "if that SOB would do that, he wasn't my friend anyway." In other words, if you guys were close before, this shouldn't end the friendship.

If you can't let it go -- and I understand that sentiment -- then just tell him "Look, dude/bro/T-Bone, I respect your wishes that I not mess around with girls you're interested in. Why don't you extend me the same courtesy?" If this situation occurred with the people I consider close friends, they'd respond to the effect of "Yeah, man, I feel bad about that. Really bad judgment on my part. I'm sorry. And I'm sorry she's apparently not into you. You know what they say, though: There's one b*tch in this world; one b*itch with many faces." Etc etc etc.

Letting girls f*ck up friendships is the dumbest thing ever. If you do something out of anger over this chick that ruins your friendship with your buddy irreparably, I guarantee you will regret it down the road.

-McGee
Old 06-22-2007, 09:03 AM

ElD,

Did you ask Ashman or Daryn about my appearance? Daryn hasn't seen me in a few years so I've packed on a little muscle, but I'm no twig. The other things are about right, though making the actual move was pretty much the only thing I didn't do. When she would get in close, she'd then lean back and slide across the couch. Just fillin' in details. Also, he's sexed three girls in his lifetime, and majority of friends are through drugs, but that probably goes for a good amount of people so lame for me to hate on that.

Also, before this she always considered the friend "as a brother" to her.

Triumph,

I've hooked him up with a few of his ex-girlfriends, including one of my fairly good friends. She always laughed about how he had a hard time getting it up, especially when drunk (and yes, at least he's getting some, joke's on me).

KyleB,

Right on.

All,

Guess I'm a pussy, but I had no desire to bang her. I sincerely liked her, that's what made it far harder for me to make a move unfortunately, even if that excuse sucks; if I just thought she was hot I wouldn't care about rejection as much and would just go for it. Making out was my goal, I don't set the bar very high for myself obv. Foolish of me to want a relationship, them the breaks. If that's stuck in HS, then so be it.

Taso,

Do I know you from somewhere?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Friend did nothing wrong.
He gave you space, he gave you time. She wasnt interested. He didnt go in her room, she went to his. She wanted it. Nothing was happening between you and the girl so he seized the opportunity. Nothing wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else think the girl was after the friend all along?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:32 AM

he had sex with her and her sister. sounds like you should get lessons from him on how to rule at life.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guess I'm a pussy, but I had no desire to bang her. I sincerely liked her, that's what made it far harder for me to make a move unfortunately, even if that excuse sucks; if I just thought she was hot I wouldn't care about rejection as much and would just go for it. Making out was my goal, I don't set the bar very high for myself obv. Foolish of me to want a relationship, them the breaks. If that's stuck in HS, then so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait - so you didn't actually want to screw her yourself that night? Well you can't blame her if she really wants to get laid, gives you the opportunity but you pass it up, so goes to your friend who knows what to do. Maybe she thinks YOU rejected her, even.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:43 AM

Burdz,

There was a time in my life that this would've tilted me for at least a year, maybe more. I totally understand where you're coming from, but can tell you from experience that this is a terrible place to be that you need to move past. I recommend lots of booze. People suck, whatever, next.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, at 22/20 I don't get the "meeting at your friend's place to see if anything happens" bit. If you like the girl take her out. Mounting a girl you love at friends place is seriously lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Also, her actions strongly indicate she's not into you at all. If she pulled away from you to drink more... all I can say is that females who want you don't play increasingly 'hard to get' as they get drunker. Sorry dude. Also your friend did a selfish thing. We all do selfish things at times. It's a complicated situation and you know him much better than we do. I think approaching him calmly about it to gauge his reaction is a good place to start. GL.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:48 AM

Wow, this guy banged a set of sisters? He sounds like the [censored] man. I mean, he's an a-hole, but he's also the man.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Friend did nothing wrong.
He gave you space, he gave you time. She wasnt interested. He didnt go in her room, she went to his. She wanted it. Nothing was happening between you and the girl so he seized the opportunity. Nothing wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else think the girl was after the friend all along?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer.

Edit: And I'm sorry, but it sucks.

Also, it's a good rule of thumb to assume that when women say "like a brother":

1. You express romantic interest, she says "you are like a brother'. She is telling the truth.

2. You mention another guy to her and she unprompted says "oh, he's like a brother to me". She has had a crush on him for a long time but never thought she could have him. Or she has slept with him before and NOW they are friends. It almost never means there was truly never any interest.

I would say this is true +75% of the time.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:57 AM

i think that the friends' ex-girlfriend probably slept with one of the sister's love interests....

and this was all an elaborate scheme by the sister to exact revenge on the ex girlfriend by sleeping with the friend.

op was just an innocent casualty.

wow. i bet that doesn't make any sense