Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: GSWarrios/Pacers 8 player trade

[ QUOTE ]
this trade is a non-event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, if:

- Ellis and Biedrins continue to develop.
- Clearing out the two bad contracts allows the Warriors to re-sign Ellis and Biedrins when their rookie contracts are up.

It's interesting how the media outside the Bay Area generally seems to consider this a great deal for the Pacers, yet the media within the Bay Area considers it a great deal for the Warriors. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

- I personally think if Dunleavy hasn't shown improvement after all this time, he's unlikely to make any major strides in the future.
-I like Murphy, but he was a major liability on defense, and cannot play with his back to the basket.
- Diogu may or may not be good in the future...he's around 80% from the line and has some game around the hoop, but he also doesn't play much defense, and really reminded me (and other Warrior fans) a little too much of Clarence Weatherspoon.

Anyway, who knows...I've got tickets Saturday, so as long as no gunfights break out on the floor, it should be a fun time.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:36 AM

I don't think a huge amount of people are going to care, but for that one night, a lot had changed for the Warriors, but unfortunately, a couple of things hadn't changed.

They played great in the first half. Jackson in particular was long and active, and was the best player on the floor for the Warriors. Harrington really looked to be pressing, forcing shots, and pretty much trying to do too much.

The team fell into its old habits, though, in the second half. They were fortunate to push their lead out to 12 by the end of the third quarter, but did a lot of standing around watching the guy with the ball during the fourth. They were fortunate to get into overtime, where they continued to play poorly, ultimately losing by two, although Jackson had a good look at a game-winning three at the buzzer.

Jasikevicius played well, too, and his defensive deficiencies should be mitigated by the Warriors playing lots of zone.

My friends and I are generally optimistic that the Warriors will benefit greatly from this trade. I don't think it will be a steal either way, but the team is clearly more athletic now, although they really need another interior guy. Hopefully Jackson doesn't end up in the Big House, though. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2007, 04:46 PM

link

No shock, but Judge rules Jackson violated his probation. My uneducated guess is that his lawyers stall until the offseason and he spends a part of his summer behind bars.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
link

No shock, but Judge rules Jackson violated his probation. My uneducated guess is that his lawyers stall until the offseason and he spends a part of his summer behind bars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Went to the game last night against the Grizz. I think I've only attended about 25-30 games dating back to the late 70s, but I have never, ever seen someone go off like Mike Miller...guy was freaking unconscious.

There was a play late in regulation where one of the Grizz was called for traveling after tripping over a teammate before passing the ball to Miller who had leaked out. Upon hearing the whistle, he pulled up from about 35 (by the "R" in the "ORACLE" logo for those that are familiar with the floor) - swish.

Stephen Jackson cracks me up. I was at the Bulls game a couple of weeks ago with a buddy who has season tickets pretty close to the floor. His mannerisms/facial expressions are hilarious - like he's just playing ball in his own little world. There should be a league mandate that he and Lamar Odom should be on the same team at all times.