Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Southern girls

New England is pretty traditional as well (note NE does not include NY), and people here are certainly raised to be polite and friendly. I'd venture to say that the difference is in the conotation of being a "people pleaser" and being a respectful, friendly and caring person. We're less apt to get dressed up every time we leave the house because we just don't care that much about other people's judgement, but that doesn't mean we won't be nice to our neighbors. I'm more than happy to make dinner when I get home from work, but I doubt I'd be satisfied to stay home cooking and cleaning every day for the rest of my life.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen the "stand by your man" quality in a woman without the "crazy jealous possessive" aspect that goes along with it. If you're looking for a girl who will stay with you no matter what you do to her, she's not going to be mentally stable.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I read somewhere that there is a distinct weight difference between females in college above and below the Mason Dixon line; because women are usually wearing less for longer in the South, they are usually much more slender; might be part of the stereotype!

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't specifically college girls, but general obesity trends would counter the sterotype of slender southern belles:

I also found an article stating that females living in rural areas have higher odds of becoming obese than females living in metropolitan-central city or suburban areas. Interesting.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:59 AM

Spent a week in Columbia, SC, and there has GOT to be something in the water there. Sheez. My sister-in-law who lives, there, however, informs me that they are the cattiest, bitchiest, back-stabbeness bunch around.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what kind of idiot complains about a girl with a southern accent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Southern accents are really hot. Southern girls in general > the rest of American girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The public education system in the south tends to be so horrific that the women have to rely on their looks to get anywhere in life. Hence the propensity for southern girls to know what it takes to really look hot.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM

I like this picture as well as anybody, but WTF with the pants around the knees? It's just odd.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
southern girls have cute accents but they also got it on with their dads.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, you know what's hilarious? Incest jokes when someone mentions the south! "She slept with her brother! HAR HAR HAR!" So funny!

All,

Someone linked that Vandy Theta pic, and its good, but as of a year or two ago they were second tier behind Kappa Kappa Gamma. I went to Vandy undergrad and Kappa was a cut above the other sororities and unbelievably hot. There are a ton of Vandy girls who are southern and just there because their family has money and they're looking for a husband whose family also has money. I swear a lot of women at Vandy got in solely because of looks, money, or - probably - both. Lots of stupid, stupid girls who are at Vandy instead of UT for whatever reason.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:20 AM

If you and your buds want a good domestic wife you should try going somewhere other than america
Old 07-03-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I read somewhere that there is a distinct weight difference between females in college above and below the Mason Dixon line; because women are usually wearing less for longer in the South, they are usually much more slender; might be part of the stereotype!

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't specifically college girls, but general obesity trends would counter the sterotype of slender southern belles:

I also found an article stating that females living in rural areas have higher odds of becoming obese than females living in metropolitan-central city or suburban areas. Interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because people in rural areas tend to not be able to afford as much good food as people in other areas. That, and it's a lot tougher to care about food/nutrition etc. when you've been busting your ass all day in a hard job and not sitting in an office.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
on an unrelated note, I am surprised ppl from texas consider it the south. most ppl I know from texas think it's like a different country, and def wouldn't say they were from the south. I think of the south as GA, AL, LA, NC, SC etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States
Old 07-03-2007, 11:35 AM

RDH your PM box is full