Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I have a second life avatar
yes 2 2.70%
no 72 97.30%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Is Randy Moss a Hall of Famer right now?

Cody,

Who do you think is better Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett?
Old 05-13-2007, 01:15 AM

For the record I also feel like RB's are the most overrated position and are largely a product of the offense (how many ppl in box which is a direct result of passing threat, + good lineman).
Old 05-13-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record I also feel like RB's are the most overrated position and are largely a product of the offense (how many ppl in box which is a direct result of passing threat, + good lineman).

[/ QUOTE ]

You will fit in well with the knowledgeable NFL posters.

(that's not sarcasm)
Old 05-13-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cody,

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're asking about their college performance, I'll take the bait and say CJ. Athough really, I think both will produce in the NFL, from what I've heard of CJ's work ethic (which is, to me, a huge metric in judging draft picks) he has alot of great potential. Sadly he'll have to be traded out of DET for that to happen.

Cody
Old 05-13-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Marvin Harrison is a great reciever. But playing with one of the best quarterbacks of all time obviously helped him. Anyone who does not realize this is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever watched him play. That's what I'm thinking is the problem. People don't really watch alot of football, they watch their team and then catch Sportscenter or NFL Live for the rest. By doing this you're missing the things that aren't covered by stats.

Marv is a technical master. Randy is a speed demon. If you watch them play (hell check out Youtube, its not great, but there are plenty of highlights), you'll see that if Marv's cuts were any sharper, he'd draw blood and that his first 6-8 steps are always the same, it's impossible to get a read on him. If you watch Randy, you'll see that before a DB has a chance to figure out his route, Randy's two steps past him. Their talents are very different. But in my opinion, Marv's work ethic and technical prowess means that Peyton's effect on his success is less then you might think.

Cody
Old 05-13-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preach brotha Preach. This is 100% true. Every position in football depends on the other 10 guys, more so than any other major sport. This is exactly the reason I advocate watching the games and not just reading the stats sheet. You get a real feel for individual talent that way.

Cody
Old 05-13-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You will fit in well with the knowledgeable NFL posters.

(that's not sarcasm)

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth. Oline owns all.

[ QUOTE ]
Cody,

[/ QUOTE ]

You are still bitter about this? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2007, 01:51 PM

Go easy on Finky, neither you nor I had to watch our teams pick Kolb in the second round.

Cody
Old 05-13-2007, 01:59 PM

Hey now, I wouldn't get on Fink's case for anything outside of the Iggles vs Jags game last year. I was agreeing with him/you/Billnye on the RB thing(other than Fred Taylor/MoJo of coure).

When I made the reference to the Johnson vs Jarret debate I admittingly said that Jarret was better than Johnson during the NCAAF season and mmbt0ne called me out on it. I admitted I was wrong.

And on the Harrison vs Moss debate I take Harrison any day. I've seen him make to many people a fool for myself to be made a fool and pick against him. Ugh...that hurt.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Marvin Harrison is a great reciever. But playing with one of the best quarterbacks of all time obviously helped him. Anyone who does not realize this is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
It has certainly helped his numbers, but if you watch Marv play its pretty obvious that he is an all time great and would still be damn good with any QB.

Anyone that has watched him a bunch has seen how frustrating he can be to a CB. He'll run 8 yard out patterns over and over again until finally a frustrated CB tries to jump the route and then bam! Marv puts the double move on him and is wide open deep.

If Marv had the physical size of Moss or TO, he'd be completely unstoppable. He'll also probably be playing years after they are gone.