Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: How can we improve SSNL

What is get your noob out? Just asking basic questions?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We tried a "get your noob out" thread that only mods were allowed to answer in, but it ended up getting locked because the regulars trolled it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This pissed me off to no end. I would have been going crazy with the ban stick, I don't care how big the name is.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:59 PM

I'd say put a word minimum on posts so we don't get tons of useless one liner posts but I've read a lot of bad long winded posts (heck i've posted many of them). So take that suggestion with a grain of salt.

On an aside, I love the well. However, one thing i've observed is posters will post the same question in multiple wells because their essentially looking for multiple perspectives on a topic (or maybe even a discussion). Basic observation of SSNL will show there are a little less than two dozen name posters on the forum. As gay as it sounds maybe appoint a council (SSNL VIP, hahaha so gay); have one daily council thread dealing with one topic (ie. a hand, a concept) and let them go at it. Only council members are able to post in this thread. This ensures that there is at least one indepth, intelligent conversation going on a day. It gives us less advanced posters something to learn from; and the more advanced posters a reason to visit the forum.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:06 PM

I think alot of the advice in ssnl is horrible, but i like that. I appreciate some of the regulars I play with giving and getting bad advive, it keeps my winrate up.

The cheese thread is terrible, there are a couple unamed posters who post 500 times each about nothing.

Also i think this may be my 1st ssnl post, Hi all! Good to be here!
Old 04-25-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As gay as it sounds maybe appoint a council (SSNL VIP, hahaha so gay); have one daily council thread dealing with one topic (ie. a hand, a concept) and let them go at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I love this idea. At least I love the idea of this idea. In practice I'm afraid it would get screwed up for the same reasons the 'get your noob out' thread got screwed up. Maybe I'm bitter but I seem to have lost my faith in SSNL being able to not turn everything in to a balla fest. The very people you would put in this council are the ones who will screw it all up.

I hesitate putting this post up, but you know what this is what I think is one of SSNL's biggest problems so up it goes.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As gay as it sounds maybe appoint a council (SSNL VIP, hahaha so gay); have one daily council thread dealing with one topic (ie. a hand, a concept) and let them go at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that would be awesome. But I would make it once a week or two weeks.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:31 PM

I like the idea of 3 hands/day. I have no idea how you could ever need to post more than that.

I don't frequent the cheese thread often, but it sounds stupid. LOL @ OMG THE CHEESE THREAD WILL BE BORING IF IT IS ONLY ABOUT POKER AND I CAN'T POST ABOUT MY GIRL PROBLEMS. OOT/BBV4Life/Student Life/etc. are over there(<=====).

The clutter sucks, but it only bothers me when I post a hand that gets pushed down to page 2 (99 threads/page obv) within 10 minutes. Otherwise, when I click on SSNL, I look for hands with > 10 posts and check it out and ignore the rest.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:39 PM

I suggest:
1) the return of the noob question thread
2) more frequent digests
3) immediately closing threads that can be answered by reading the FAQ

I also like restricting the number of threads that can be be started by a single poster in a day and the idea of sub-forums to remove some of the clutter.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that would be awesome. But I would make it once a week or two weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the MTT forum did a series of threads called "Play a hand with the Masters" or something like that a while back. They put a hand up street by street that illustrated a certain concept or a series of tough decisions and let people battle it out for a day or two. Then the thoughts of 3 or 4 big-time players were posted and they joined the discussion. Those were all really good threads, and they sound similar to this idea.

EDIT: Play a hand with the Masters compilation thread in case anyone wants to see how MTT did it
Old 04-25-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think alot of the advice in ssnl is horrible, but i like that. I appreciate some of the regulars I play with giving and getting bad advive, it keeps my winrate up.

The cheese thread is terrible, there are a couple unamed posters who post 500 times each about nothing.

Also i think this may be my 1st ssnl post, Hi all! Good to be here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Trolls tend to get killed in most LOTR stories. So, if something heavy fell on you I wouldn't be upset. If you don't like the cheese thread then don't f-ing read it. If you say ssnl advice sucks then either post and make it better (because you're probably so great) or stay the f--k out.

Seirously hu4rolz? I am so pissed off right now and this is the first post of yours I've ever seen. you really are a great troll.