Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: WWE suspends 10 wrestlers for violating drug policy

I thought it was obvious you meant guys that came over when Vince bought WCW as opposed to guys WCW dumped that became stars.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was obvious you meant guys that came over when Vince bought WCW as opposed to guys WCW dumped that became stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys WCW dumped=Austin, HHH
Guys WWF took from WCW=Flair 1st time, Benoit, Eddie, Saturn, Malenko, Vader, Big Show, Simmons,Y2J
Guys took after WCW fell=Booker, Goldberg, Storm, Flair 2nd time, DDP,Steiner.

First group>2nd and 3rd group. 2nd and 3rd group had their own eventual hits (Benoit, Eddie,Y2J;Booker) and misses.

And as of right now on Raw, it appears the following people are suspended <font color="white"> Umaga(lost title, will now fade away) and Regal (beat up by Cena) </font>and the following aren't suspended <font color="white"> Santino (still doing angles (which is good since he's awesome) and Orton (title match at PPV) </font> as of yet at least.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:21 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Jack, how dissapointed were you when they swerved us at the end with the son revelation? First time I marked in a while, and they ruined it.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:02 PM

They were hinting pretty badly at who it was going to be for a month now, but since they're on the list of suspended people, they had to change it. I have no idea who it's going to be now, it'll be a disappointing answer though.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:14 PM

this is ghey , they're just trying to get the govt off their back ..but its obv that w/o steriods there would be no wrestling ...i also hate that the govt is getting involved , just so some politician could get some votes for "cleaning up" wrestling w/e
Old 09-04-2007, 02:49 PM

This is a pretty low point in WWE right now. The good news is Undertaker is back soon, HBK might come back in a month or so, Edge should be back in November, ditto Lashley,and they're still trying to sign Jericho back. I've been watching wrestling actively (each week)since November 95 (before that I rented old PPVs as a kid), and I'm hoping WWE an turn it around. I don't see TNA being a good choice right now.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a pretty low point in WWE right now. The good news is Undertaker is back soon, HBK might come back in a month or so, Edge should be back in November, ditto Lashley,and they're still trying to sign Jericho back. I've been watching wrestling actively (each week)since November 95 (before that I rented old PPVs as a kid), and I'm hoping WWE an turn it around. I don't see TNA being a good choice right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if it ever got mentioned, but Jericho has filed paperwork to begin the comeback process. Now obviously there's the need to find him a spot (Smackdown needs him, but he'd get absolutely buried there) and work out contract terms. Edge getting hurt when he did was the worst thing that could have possibly happened.

Also, LOL about Santino. The guy is a joke and he knows his time is limited. He's been in a sling for 2 weeks now and keeps waving his "hurt" arm around like its nothing. He can't cut a promo and he has limited in-ring abilities.

Of course, if it keeps Ron Simmons on TV, it can't be that bad.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-04-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, LOL about Santino. The guy is a joke and he knows his time is limited. He's been in a sling for 2 weeks now and keeps waving his "hurt" arm around like its nothing. He can't cut a promo and he has limited in-ring abilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree on both points. Whiny heel Santino is hilarious. ("Why'sa the SAndman coming downa? I don't evena know the guy.") And Ron isn't funny anymore to me. (I predict something happens backstage and he says "DAMN!" next week)
Old 09-04-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree on both points. Whiny heel Santino is hilarious. ("Why'sa the SAndman coming downa? I don't evena know the guy.") And Ron isn't funny anymore to me. (I predict something happens backstage and he says "DAMN!" next week)

[/ QUOTE ]

Whiny heel Santino was funny at first, but its gotten to the point where I'm wondering why I should care. When he gets into the ring he's got nothing. No heat, no skill, nothing. If I thought he could put together even a decent match it would be perfect, but they've had him get squashed by Umaga so many times that I just don't see him lasting long.

With Ron, he makes terrible skits watchable, and good ones great. Plus, any chance of him getting back in the ring even for a one-off is a good start for me. Its not that he says "DAMN!" all the time, its the bits like the Dating Game that actually made me laugh.