Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   WWE suspends 10 wrestlers for violating drug policy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490876)

jester710 08-31-2007 04:49 PM

WWE suspends 10 wrestlers for violating drug policy

Linky

They didn't release the names of the suspended wrestlers, so do you think this is indicative of a real move on the WWE's part to curb steroid abuse, or did they just suspend 10 nobodies to take the heat off?

Also, since they didn't release the names, let the speculation begin. I think, if you're Vince McMahon, you gotta suspend yourself. C'mon. Is there anyone else who is more obviously doping than Vince?

oddjob 08-31-2007 04:51 PM

Re: WWE suspends 10 wrestlers for violating drug policy

about time, steroids gives these guys way too big of an advantage. maybe now the playing field will be even.

pepper123 08-31-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think, if you're Vince McMahon, you gotta suspend yourself. C'mon. Is there anyone else who is more obviously doping than Vince?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen how much McMahon's head has grown?

jester710 08-31-2007 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
about time, steroids gives these guys way too big of an advantage. maybe now the playing field will be even.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Most, if not all, of wrestling's greatest records have been tainted by steroids. Let's face it, there's no way Bob Backlund holds the title that long or gets his hair that red without pharmaceutical assistance.

TheRover 08-31-2007 05:02 PM

I had CNN on this morning and they were interviewing Del Wilkes of all people. They interviewer asked something to the effect of "with most of these matches the outcome is predetermined so why is there a need to take steroids so much?"

BigCummins 08-31-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Most, if not all, of wrestling's greatest records have been tainted by steroids. Let's face it, there's no way Bob Backlund holds the title that long or gets his hair that red without pharmaceutical assistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolllllllevel

12ressiMorP 08-31-2007 06:34 PM

They named names of the wrestlers who dealt with the pharmacy in question on espn.com yesterday. Orton, Edge, Batista, Booker, Kennedy, among others. The list was 14 names long IIRC and the report said that they weren't sure if all the names on the list were part of the new violations or not.

MuresanForMVP 08-31-2007 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolllllllevel

[/ QUOTE ]

lol level is right, ducy?

the alex 08-31-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They named names of the wrestlers who dealt with the pharmacy in question on espn.com yesterday. Orton, Edge, Batista, Booker, Kennedy, among others. The list was 14 names long IIRC and the report said that they weren't sure if all the names on the list were part of the new violations or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is straight from ESPN.com:

[ QUOTE ]
WWE did not release the names of those suspended. A source close to the investigation said that WWE was told that the following wrestlers were among the clients of one of the pharmacies under investigation, Signature of Orlando: Shoichi Funaki, Dave Bautista, Adam "Edge" Copeland, Chris "Masters" Mordetsky, John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan, and Shane Helms. Chris Benoit, the wrestler who killed his wife and son before hanging himself in June, was also a Signature client, as were two other wrestlers who recently died, Eddie Guerrero and Brian "Crush" Adams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full article: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2998062

rjoefish 08-31-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolllllllevel

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you live on 14th and Gaines.