Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Re: A Gift of $1500 thanks to a true donkey

Flight Risk- What BENEFITS PERK by him betting the river? Simple as a question as that. Answer that please.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're still speaking from the standpoint that you know villain's holding is K To. Until the hand is shown, you don't know what perk has. It's easy to calculate because perk's holding was plastered at the end of Rojo's hand post. Let's say Rojo cut's off the result of the hand and only shows perk's river bet. It becomes harder to be so confident that Rojo is so off scott-free.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke right? The post has never been about Rojo, it's about perkulator.

[/ QUOTE ]

This had more to do with microbet being so confident that Rojo was very unlikely to be behind when the river play was made.

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your point though? Rojo can not fold. He is allin. The other guys fold was fine. The other guy will never call with a hand that doesn't beat KT, so villian can never win any more chips because of his bet. The only good thing he can do is make the other guy folding a winner (possible) AND still beat Rojo (very very unlikely).

You're trolling me right? I'm a sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not trolling, I was discussing a hand. Nothing wrong with being set straight. Small buy-in players live and they learn. I'm done with the hand anyway.

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, dude. If you're not trolling I'm happy to respond. Even if you were, it's not that big a deal. It's just an internet forum after all.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only thing that makes this hand "interesting" is that the sng is for "big" stakes. otherwise it just looks like the mindless play you can see all day in the mtt's on party. so this is what the "high stakes" forum is for: to let the "big timer's" sit around and schmooze while the "little, little people" look on.....b

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. As I said before, this kind of play happens all the time. It can be criticized as horrendously donkish because it happened in a 530? C'mon. Tell me what difference this hand makes being posted in a HSF? Nothing.

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

what difference does it make if its posted in HSF? Well for one, perhaps posters here woudln't have wasted time having to respond to your incredibly donkish posts. If you can't grasp the concept behind this play, even after patient explanations by other posters, you have a very long way to go in your SNG game.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flight Risk- What BENEFITS PERK by him betting the river? Simple as a question as that. Answer that please.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies, Rojo. Earlier in the thread, I thought there's had been some betting on the flop that created a sidepot for him to fight for. When I went back and reviewed the hand and saw that there was none, it's obvious doesn't gain anything. My mistake. Had I been in perk's shoes, I would have surely checked. I'll make a better effort to pay more close attention to the hand posted before I respond.

Flight_Risk
Old 02-23-2006, 10:15 PM

Well if this was posted in a high stakes forum, and I was a mod, I'd lock it or move it to the brags, beats forum, I'll give you that. It's generally a waste of space, but it is ok to occasionally make sure people are aware of how bad the play can be at even the top levels. However if a high limit SnG forum was made, and I was a mod, this thread wouldn't last 20 minutes.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude. Flight risk your a cool guy, but this play is horrendous. It was posted for humor value, please please don't defend this guy. Anyone who does will only look bad, only to state it as more evidence to split the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is going a long way towards changing my opinion.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:22 PM

Board: 2d 8d 7d 5d 3h
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 12.3232 % 12.12% 00.20% { KcTh }
Hand 2: 87.6768 % 87.47% 00.20% { random }
Old 02-23-2006, 10:23 PM

wow what a complete [censored]
Old 02-23-2006, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow what a complete [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
My apologies, Rojo. Earlier in the thread, I thought there's had been some betting on the flop that created a sidepot for him to fight for. When I went back and reviewed the hand and saw that there was none, it's obvious doesn't gain anything. My mistake. Had I been in perk's shoes, I would have surely checked. I'll make a better effort to pay more close attention to the hand posted before I respond.

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]