Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: How does AC come into existence?

The title of this thread is "How does AC come into existence?" I am trying to figure out how AC's figure that AC will come to be. I gave the example that there is a 75% AC majority and a 25% government minority that is still ruling things. If the AC's attack, it will be in the spirit of revolution.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop thinking in terms of groups. Start thinking in terms of individuals and their actions when you want to discuss morality.

Only actions can be immoral, and only moral agents can act in a way that can be deemed immoral.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
When people like you stop being apologists for destructive evil coercive monopolies we'll have made a good start.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is with the flip-flopping Nielsio? For what it's worth, I only brought up morality in any context because of your remarks in the very beginning of this thread. I made clear my position on morality as it relates to politics in another thread.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The government is ruling the people through fear. Taxes are still collected, and the military and police are still paid. Refusing to submit results in imprisonment or death. If the AC majority is to wiggle out of this system, they would have to fight back.

This isn't an extreme example. There have been many governments that acted just like this in the 20th century.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I can't say that I have any knowledge about history and government per se but:

Violent uprising seems to be a lot higher cost than simly figuring out a way to cut off the funding. The only reason the threat of jail if you don't pay taxes works is because only a few are willing to risk jail.

Marijuana smoking can get you arrrested but if 1,000,000 people in a city were to go outside simultaneously and smoke pot 'the government' is powerless.

Hell, look what happened in the LA riots, they were powerless to do anything and people were being beaten and robbed left and right.

You are right that the governments power comes from fear. But I do not think we will get to a situation were 75% of the populace wants AC'ism but they are all paying taxes and obeying all the fees and regulation ordinances, etc.

The government exists at the pleasure of the people. The people are distracted with varying goals and interests, they are disorganized. If they were single minded in eliminating government it would be relatively easy I think and violence would not be a good way to go about it.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:10 PM

The existence of the state depends on belief in the state and active support. If the support drops, it turns out to be a maffia wearing pretty costumes.

To give you an example: Canada has exactly 10 thousands troops they can actively use. They have like, what, 30 million citizens? Imagine all the Canadians view the Canadian troops as all the Iraqees view the invading American troops. gg Canada.

So:
What you want to be looking for to understand how vastly the state relies on moral support, you can look around and see how much effort it puts into this activity. We are literally brainwashed from cradle to grave with pro-state propaganda.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stop thinking in terms of groups. Start thinking in terms of individuals and their actions when you want to discuss morality.

Only actions can be immoral, and only moral agents can act in a way that can be deemed immoral.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
When people like you stop being apologists for destructive evil coercive monopolies we'll have made a good start.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is with the flip-flopping Nielsio? For what it's worth, I only brought up morality in any context because of your remarks in the very beginning of this thread. I made clear my position on morality as it relates to politics in another thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

My statements are consistent if you realize how I deem those coercive monopolies evil.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I always thought the best way to implement AC is to elect ACists to office. If bkholdem were President and Shake were speaker, you guys could likely accomplish a lot simply by selling off government assets and canceling government programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know anything about the intricacies of how government runs but if the people really wanted it, and elected officials where rules existed that they be held accountable (they could be ejected from office prior to reelection if they didn't follow through expiditiously), this would be a way to accomplish it I would assume.

If more and more people begin consolidating with this goal I can't see how it won't happen. One state (NH for example) begins to reduce the size, power, and scope of their state government. Others move there who are of like minds. Word spreads and the border states are impacted and adopt a similar course of action...

I mean if everyone in NH starts to live like a free hippie in peace is the govt going to send in the national guard to round up everyone and put them in federal prison? What is the rest of society going to do if that is the fed's reaction?
Old 07-06-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
it ceases to exist. All societies, if they can be called that are, at the start, by definition, ACist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
How so?
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Natural development and the demand for better answers make some form of government emerge from those chaotic, jungle like, primitive associations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of. You forgot to mention who was seeking the answers; who has problems that are solved by government. The demand for better answers does lead to this, if the question is "how can I consolidate more illegitimate power?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't forget to mention anything, just the facts as I see them. Every primitive association is ACist,That is the fact. Development of government follows, as IQ rises in the group, I suspect.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
it ceases to exist. All societies, if they can be called that are, at the start, by definition, ACist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
How so?
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Natural development and the demand for better answers make some form of government emerge from those chaotic, jungle like, primitive associations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of. You forgot to mention who was seeking the answers; who has problems that are solved by government. The demand for better answers does lead to this, if the question is "how can I consolidate more illegitimate power?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't forget to mention anything, just the facts as I see them. Every primitive association is ACist,That is the fact. Development of government follows, as IQ rises in the group, I suspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what the "C" in "AC" means?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I always thought the best way to implement AC is to elect ACists to office. If bkholdem were President and Shake were speaker, you guys could likely accomplish a lot simply by selling off government assets and canceling government programs.

[/ QUOTE ]]

"No real social change has ever come about without revolution." Goldman

obv outdated quote but i can only presume you are joking in your assertions
Old 07-06-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Coercion must exist under AC

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] conflates initiation with defense

[ QUOTE ]
Monopolies will exist under AC

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] doesn't know what a monopoly is