Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 06:25 AM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]

I had AK without a diamond.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my first and only guess. I thought you would cap the flop with a diamond. I couldn't really think of any other hand you would play this way. What's ma prize?

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: he had AA obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW. Not 3 betting you on 4th was awful.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: hand reading exercise

I think it's a donkey raise on the turn cuz the way the hand played you should be expecting to split this pot or lose a ton if he is freeballin' on ya. I had you on AK w/ the Kd. To raise this turn without a big diamond in your hand is just chip spew in my opinion.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a donkey raise on the turn cuz the way the hand played you should be expecting to split this pot or lose a ton if he is freeballin' on ya. I had you on AK w/ the Kd. To raise this turn without a big diamond in your hand is just chip spew in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

hu it would be, but there is another guy in the pot.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

playing AsKd this way would be a far bigger "donkey" line, u dont really know what ur talking about, no offense. Pbob is correct, his line is fine here since hes knocking out the guy int he middle in a big pot with a strongish but vulnerable to many rivers hand. HU wed just be getting to showdown cheaply after the flop id assume w TPTK no diamond.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:07 PM

fair enough. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2007, 09:58 PM

if ur curious why its bad to play AsKd this way its becuz

a) if u cr, we cant fold to a 3bet becuz we have a draw and once u get to the river u ll want to pay off (and should perhaps, its a small mistake if even esp with chop equity) so u basically charge urself two extra bets pretty often and accomplish little (no extra value when ahead since 2 bets go in that arent ours when we could probably call risk 1 bet and get 2 bets in still on the turn)

b) we have good equity and the redraw means we dont need to worry about protection, so we wouldnt want to knock out the guy in the middle. wed rather keep him in and push our most likely edge 3 ways, either by capping the flop or donking the turn rather than cr'ing and facing the fish with 2 bets cold possibly eliciting a fold by him.

i think i had a C in mind but i mite have incorporated it into my previous reasons [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nothing personal at all mcbrag pokers a tough game with many intricacies that takes a very long time to learn

the more i learn, the more i learn how little i knew.