Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: A stats post..

[ QUOTE ]
hey bottomset,
I admit i dont tend to blind steal. I tried occasionally but to many donks called me down and when i missed the board... it was kinda a tough situation.

Ill raise all hands i would raise normally, Plus AX(X>8) and KT/KJ's.

Maybe we can sort out a sweat session if any of you want to help get my stats(well my play, but in affect my stats) on to a better track? Dont worry if not, It can be dam boring playing let alone watching others.

Thanks for your time,
I'll try up my aggression and PFR bit more and maybe loosen up with some hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

hands that should be in your button-stealing range

55+ absolutly need to steal with these hands, 22-44 are pretty marginal, especially against over-defending blinds

A2s+ these are very good HU/3way in position, and perform good against donks that overdefend

A5o+ again Ahi is good HU/3way, A2-A4 however are pretty marginal, still profitable(but something you can wait to break into)

K7s+ suited kings are solid hands HU, I often raise the weaker ones
K9o+ these are weaker, I do often go lower

Q8s+
Q9o+
J8s+
J9o+
T9 those all are pretty much in the same range, this is
basically a starter range, to get you going and most all of those hands are ones I'd raise against pretty much any blinds ..

as for postflop play, after stealing .. well for one thing you are being results-orientated, if they calldown when you have nonthing, they are calling down when you hit, the biggest factor is you have position and choose when bets get to go in the pot most of the time, these players aren't sophisticated, rarely c/r .. and there is no law saying you have to bet every street, though you should be betting almost all flops, and most turns, and a lot of rivers(you hit pairs too, and your pairs are better than their pairs often)
Old 10-15-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: A stats post..

I agree that you need to be raising a *lot* more PF. The Beginner's tables are mostly loose-passive players, and you'll get a lot of more value than you usually will from your more borderline hands. Additionally, you should be willing to play more marginal hands from earlier positions, given your post-flop advantage. I've played close to 4k hands so far at the Beginner 1/2 tables; my VPIP is right around 20%, and my PFR stat is a little over 10%. I still feel that I can play a few more hands profitably, so I guess I'll see how bringing up my VPIP a couple more points affects my bottom line.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: **Official microlimit stats thread** stats posts and questions go

.5/1

I am completely lost an have no idea which is my big leak.
I am sure I have more than one and I am not sure that this stat post will reveal them all, but thought of giving it try. number of hands is almost 22000. I basically survive on bonuses and lately, the unmentionable.

I think the blind stealing and defence stats are not good but at this level and with this sample size I don't think this is the cause for all my troubles.

I read TOP and SSHE (about four times) I also visit the forum daily but more as a lurker than a poster. I believe I have a firm grasp of the concepts and theory but apparently a lack of knowledge of how to put them to good use.

To my defense (or shame) about 50BB where lost only in today's sessions.

All comments are welcomed.

Old 10-17-2005, 10:47 PM

That's tough. No stats that I can see are totally out of whack. I think you should raise a bit more preflop. Yr pfr is a tad low, though not anemic. I think you are likely seeing a few too many showdowns, but again, not way too many. You aggression stats are a bit low, but once again, not way too low.

By all accounts, going by stats alone, I would predict you to be a winner at .5/1. But you can't go by stats alone. I think you would be well advised to post specific hands. After 35k hands I have trouble chalking it up to variance. You have some leaks. It's just hard for me to say what they are by looking at yr stats. Maybe someone else can do a better job.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:16 PM

Hey,

I am no stats expert but I will try to help out. Your stats for this level may be a little tight and you are definately not raising preflop enough. This may be your main problem. If you are going to play this tight, you have to build the pots you are in so they matter when you win them. I have about the same amount of hands as you do and I have a pfr of around 10%, but my overall aggression is not quite as high (1.9). Start looking for places to add some hands to your game. Limp in late position with suited connectors or suited one gap connectors when you already have 3 or 4 others in. I assume you understand pot equity and if so, don't be afraid to build pots with a drawing hand. These types of hands really pay of at this level if you are willing to let them go when you miss.

Make sure you are paying attention to position (you haven't shown those stats here). With your VPIP, you probably are playing strong hands, so getting in early probably wouldn't hurt you as much as it did me. I was limping in early position with the wrong hands and getting punished for it. But this is still something to be aware of.

Work on making sure your aggression is used in the right place. Every time I try to push mine up, i find myself losing chips quickly because I am not good enough yet to know where to apply it.

Your WTSD and W$SD may be a percent or two low and that could be a sign of running slightly bad, but working on some of the other things can overcome some of this until your cards get a little better. A few percent here can make a big difference.

Hopefully this is some help.

mitch
Old 10-18-2005, 12:19 AM

I'd like to thank you both for replying. I've tried openning up my preflop play and putting a tiny bit of more agression in it. The results were not really good but I still keep trying some things once in a while.

I did post a couple of hands of mine, but I believe that my errors are more systematic and not related to a specific hand. I find that many hands that are posted here are of very specific situations and although I find something interesting in every thread, it doesn't show in my game. I really enjoyed the Microposter thread becuase routine play by other 2+2's intrests me the most.

Since emitch mentioned them, i'll post my position stats as well. As you can see, all are moderate winners, but not enough to cover for the blinds (I also managed to lose "a couple" of more BB's between this post and the one before it).

Old 10-18-2005, 12:31 AM

well you're still too tight and too passive before the flop. 17/7 is no good. raise hands like QJs, JTs, 77 after a couple players when you have good position.

but really you're getting crushed in the big blind. i think maybe you're too tight there, but i didn't look at my old full ring stats so maybe i'm just looser than you because i play 6-max?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:08 AM

i think miles may be onto something (other than the pfr). I am about 5-6% higher VPIP in the BB and 2-3% higher in the SB. I don't want to get to caught up in comparing stats because there is so much more to the game but my BB loss is 0.11 which is significantly lower and my SB is .09. I haven't looked and compared to others in this thread, but take a look and see how they compare.

From what little I know, your stats look better than mine in most cases but again, your WSD and W$SD are both a few percent lower. This could mean that you are running slightly bad or that I am running slightly good and we are both losing players.

One other thing that I just thought of is that with your stats being a little tight, maybe you are pushing your big pairs, big slick, etc too hard and not playing your draws well enough. This would explain why your WSD and W$SD are about right, but yet you are losing. Just a thought, there are probably many other reasons this would happen.

I don't know how many hands you are playing, but I have moved back to one tabling and really trying to concentrate on every play that I make, get some reads, and take notes. This really seems to be helping minimize my losses so far when I have a bad run. I have been lurking around here for about a year and have just started to post some responses to others posts. This realy helps you to think out why you play the way that you do. Post more hands and reply to others, the time will be worth it. You may be right that the problem is a more systematic one, but the only way to find it is to get into the specifics of how you play.

Keep up on the pfr and open up a little, not too much though. I have been in the spot that ou are in, trying to increase pfr and agg and it can be tough, but when you miss the flop or get drawn out on, look at your PT database for each starting hand and check the win percentages. Convince yourself that raising is the correct thing to do.
Good luck,

mitch
Old 10-18-2005, 01:44 AM

I don't think I'm raising pf enough, or stealing blinds enough. I think I'm missing too many value bets on the river as well.

Anything jump out at anyone here? My bb/100 seems to be slowly declining... (this is .5/1 and 1/2)

Old 10-18-2005, 02:53 AM

If it is the SB & BB--and I guess sample size for position is considered small--then look for flop opportunities to protect big hands. If someone raises pre-flop from late position, and you flop a solid hand, then a flop c/r is in order, to force players between you and LP to call 2 cold. Betting out just builds a bigger pot for the players to call their marginal hands with if a late raiser adds another bet. Just a thought.