Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Is this behavior acceptable in a relationship?

[ QUOTE ]
If you have nothing to hide then you should take her.

[/ QUOTE ]

F that. If you have a simple request/expectation, like being able to go to a party with a bunch of friends that she doesn't even know, and she's not willing to let you go by yourself because, "she can't trust you/them," then there's something wrong. Does she ever go anywhere without you? If so, next time raise a big fuss about it and see how she likes it.

I can't say anymore without knowing if you have ever given her a reason not to trust you, or to think this way, but if you haven't, then she's just being way too controlling.

If you have, then it's par for the course.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Off topic: I dominated my school's hip hop dance team in a dance off in front of most of my school. And filmed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

youtube link?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeN35Zx1bpY
Old 09-27-2006, 07:45 PM

Guys, this took way too long :

Old 09-27-2006, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In the same way that you guys wouldn't expect urban Youth to understand poker, I don't expect you guys to understand dancing.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe it's the subtlety of Youth being capitalized or the general premise of the statement but i just think this is a little nugget of gold.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:53 PM

"Hey listen, Mike, Michael. Tonight, dude? I gotta dance. What, chicks? No, no. [censored] chicks, dude. I wanna dance. I just want to express myself through the art of dance, Mike. I don't wanna see a chick..."
Old 09-27-2006, 08:08 PM

Is anyone else not surprised by this guy's screen name? Isn't that one of the pokemon people?

Sohotrightnow basically hit the nail on the head.

Be the same person all the time. For the record, dump this girl and hook up with the Culture shock chick.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Her behavior is not acceptable. If she will not let you do things without her, then that is a huge red flag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a sec, do you mean to say it's acceptable for him to say to his girlfriend that he doesn't want her to come to a party with his new "friends"???

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely acceptable. Please respond with a detailed answer supporting your point of view.

PS - For your reference, my point of view is: "it is entirely acceptable for one member of a couple to attend a social gathering without inviting the other."
Old 09-27-2006, 08:23 PM

I have nothing of quality to add to this post...

but Ash... you are a douche. I saw a special on MTV about plastic surgery and there was this guy who was getting calf implants because he felt it was the one lagging body part (he was a wanna be meat-head with the same build as you). I'd pretty much say that sums you up just like your post about '1 physical 1 personality thing you'd change'.

you come across as extremely superficial and desperate for attention. because that's what these things are about right?

When I think of you, I picture NT!. then I subtract mod status and real world wisdom.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess because I like to act differently around my boys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is your problem buddy, and we all know people like this. Guys that can be completely different depending on the situation they are in and the people they are with. If you had a party, and invited EVERYONE that knew you, how many different AsH's would people know? Your dancing mates would know the jackass AsH, your GF would know the serious AsH, 2+2ers would know the closet homosexual AsH, and your university classmates would know the introverted AsH etc etc. If people from different groups were talking about you, would they even realise they were talking about the same person? Granted you are going to be more extroverted around people you are comfortable with, and more introverted around people you dont know that well, but you shouldn't put on different acts around different groups.

To use a music analogy, you shouldn't be Rap around X people, rock around Y people, and classical around Z people. You should be the same type of music around all people, just altering the volume depending on the situation. Hope my bumbling attempt at social psychology helped...

[/ QUOTE ]

This entire post is retarded. The music analogy is [censored] awful.

So you act the same around your friends as you do your parents? What about your grandparents? You act the same with a girlfriend as you do your mom?

If you act around your grandma like you do with your friends, you're pretty much going to hell. If you act around your friends like you do with your grandma, they'll probably beat you up.

I can just see it now. Your friends organise a boys night out, drinking, partying... and you rock up with knitting needles and a deck of canasta cards.

Man, this post is dumb.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Her behavior is not acceptable. If she will not let you do things without her, then that is a huge red flag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a sec, do you mean to say it's acceptable for him to say to his girlfriend that he doesn't want her to come to a party with his new "friends"???

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely acceptable. Please respond with a detailed answer supporting your point of view.

PS - For your reference, my point of view is: "it is entirely acceptable for one member of a couple to attend a social gathering without inviting the other."

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, unacceptable. 3 years is serious. You're "partners". Saying "you can't come to this party" is terrible. If my partner said that to me, I'd be like WTF WHY?. She has a right to be mad imo