Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 10:18 AM

Default Re: So I bought an apt. in NYC in Jan. and havent moved in yet! w/PHOT

[ QUOTE ]
Someone in some freakin hick town could have the house you have for 150k why dont you go live there ?

[/ QUOTE ]

My house is not the point. The issue is that ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE USA besides NYC your $440K will buy a hell of a better standard of living than that lovely abode shown by OP. Thats a fact. You don't have to move to India or Hickville to find a much better living investment for a measly $440K. Move -anywhere- else besides sewerville NYC and instant upgrade in lifestyle. The issue here is NYC, what a horrific place it must be to live in where $440K only buys a crappy apartment instead of a relative mansion in every other place in the USA.

Obviously OP's best move is to finish fixing up the dump, sell it for the profit everybody says he'll get, then move to another city and start over. I gathered OP has lived his whole life in NYC.. just trying to open his eyes to the other possibilities $440K can buy.

L8r.. BB
Old 06-19-2006, 11:00 AM

BB, it is now comfirmed that you are a total moron but lets try this one last time.

I will be in grad school in NYC for AT LEAST the next 3 years. My girlfriend works in the fashion industry so she is severly limited in where she can work for good $$ (NY, LA ...check real estate prices in LA and see if you can find us some steals out there dickbreath).

Further, our entire families, who we are very close with live in NY. So you are saying we should just leave, all so that we can buy a house for a smaller amount of money? Are you retarded? Should my GF just say F it and quit her high paying job to become a waitress in Bill Bob's Roadside Cafe in Waco? Should I quit grad school?

In case you still dont get it, heres another breakdown for you.

1)Buy an Apt
2)Fix it on the cheap
3)Sell it at a profit

Does it matter how much the initial investment was if you profit? Is there a chance in hell we are staying in this place to UNTIL WE ACTUALLY PAY THE 420K mortgage??? OF COURSE NOT YOU IDIOT.

Ok, Im done.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I thought $440 for a run down place in the 140's without a river view sounded pretty damn high too.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 420K btw...but one other thing I forgot to mention is that since its a developing area we got a 4.25% fixed interest rate for the life of the mortgage.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 PM

xadrez,
Looks very nice. Also, since you won't be there too long did you consider an ARM?

BB,
I'm not sure why I'm trying to get through to you but the cost of living in NYC is just much higher than most places in the U.S. Therefore, the wages are also much higher to compensate. I'm sure his GF could make a brag post about how much she makes and crit. you for only making $X. Does this mean you should move to NYC b/c you could make more money?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:30 PM

If you sell for a profit, are you going to cut in the relatives since it is there work that went into it?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:53 PM

We have offered, but they say they will not accept.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be in grad school in NYC for AT LEAST the next 3 years. My girlfriend works in the fashion industry so she is severly limited in where she can work for good $$ (NY, LA ...check real estate prices in LA and see if you can find us some steals out there dickbreath).

Further, our entire families, who we are very close with live in NY. So you are saying we should just leave, all so that we can buy a house for a smaller amount of money? Are you retarded? Should my GF just say F it and quit her high paying job to become a waitress in Bill Bob's Roadside Cafe in Waco? Should I quit grad school?

[/ QUOTE ]

But man, you could have a house in Texas! WTF ARE YOU THINKING LIVING IN NYC!?
Old 06-19-2006, 03:12 PM

BB you sound like a huge jerk. You have to remember OP is younger than you and has a girlfriend, but no kids. NYC is the greatest city in the world. There's so much more to do and experience in NYC than in Nowheresville, Texas. This is especially true if you don't have children.

If OP decides he wants his life to be boring, he will have kids, buy a minivan and move to the [censored] burbs.