Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 10:45 AM

Default Re: cops suck at life (long)...

If you're gonna talk the talk...
Old 08-20-2006, 02:32 PM

In contrast to chumpchange's story about being a decent guy who got screwed by douche bag cops, you seem like a douche bag who got what you deserve from normal cops.

Honestly, I dislike cops as much as the next recreational drug user but your actions warranted an ass whipping in every circumstance.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:43 PM

I fully endorse cops beating the hell out of $hitheads with no respect for authority.

Bless these officers.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) i was about 13 or 14 living in bridgeport. mind u im drunk and not thinking straight

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to have a hobby at that age I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2006, 04:17 PM

I find it so upsetting that there are still these restrictions on free speech. We should be free to talk [censored] to cops as much as we want with no fear of getting beat down. Not that I want to, but if I were being harrassed then I would.

It's depressing that we can't say what we want just because those with authority are too dumb to understand how things need to be. Just as egomaniacs and liars are attracted to politics, it seems that power-hungry douchebags are attracted to police work. It's too bad things work out that way.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:24 PM

All: The idea that he got what he was coming for mouthing off to cops is ridiculous. Obviously, he sounds like he was the kind of kid that I would like to deliver a good beating to, but there's an expectation that police are going to act within the law and with a level of integrity that does not include beating up kids for having smart mouths. Those of us who have some experience w/ cops understand that this is one of the reasons it's stupid to mouth off to cops, but that doesn't make it right.

stu: Here are two stories of mine.

First one, everyone is early 20's, having a big party in a hotel room. Someone gets the bright idea to toss some bottles off the balcony. A while later, cops arrive. They come to the room, everyone denies having anything to do with it, and says no bottles were thrown from this suite. My intelligent buddy decides to mouth off to the cops about solving some real crimes, etc. They don't take this lightly and arrest him. Another friend also gets arrested when he says what BS that is. Whole way in the car, buddy #1 is talking about what BS this all is (he was drunk, #2 was relatively sober). At one point cop turns around and says "you can talk however much you want, I got all night buddy, and I'm on overtime now." To which #1 responds "What's that? $12 an hour?" and laughs. Cop slams on the brakes, looks at #2 and says "you better get your friend to shut up, because if he makes another crack he's gonna get the crap beat out of him." He managed to keep him quiet the rest of the trip.

Second one, my artsy drunkard friend is out on his lawn. He would often get really, really wasted and become super philosophical and stuff at parties. One of those kind of guys. Really good-hearted guy, never ever confrontational or negative or anything, just a super nice and friendly peace-loving guy who liked to get wasted a lot. One thing he would do was walk home wasted to his apartment a couple blocks from college. Other times, he would sit home and get wasted, sometimes coming out on his lawn to preach or sing or something. This night, he got wasted at home and apparently went outside and was doing some singing. Neighbors call cops. Next thing Tom knows he is waking up in a cell and his face really hurts. Turns out his orbital (that is the eye socket area) and sidw of his jaw was totally smashed. Cops claimed he was fine when he went in the drunk tank and someone must have punched him at night. Doctors all said it was pretty obvious that it was a nightstick that smashed him across the face, there was absolutely zero way it could have been a punch or bars or anything in the cell based on the break pattern. No way to do anything, though, since he didn't remember anything past being in his yard.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In contrast to chumpchange's story about being a decent guy who got screwed by douche bag cops, you seem like a douche bag who got what you deserve from normal cops.

Honestly, I dislike cops as much as the next recreational drug user but your actions warranted an ass whipping in every circumstance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate it if you enjoyed my story but your statement is preposterous.

Go through the thread, I dissected story #2 for anybody who didn't catch what was happening.

The cops were threatening and aggressive because they needed witnesses. Stu and his friend were hesitant becuase there would be severe repercussions if they 'ratted'.

I'm speaking from first-hand experience because the basketball court he talks about is one i've played at dozens of times in my life. We've probably had run-ins with not the same types of cops but the same exact cops. We grew up in different parts of the SW side of Chicago.

The only contrast between our stories is the writing style. I was going for entertainment as well as information while Stu was quickly jotting down some stories after a night of drinking.

THIS would be a good discussion. After seeing the reactions in this thread, not as empathetic, I thought about the concept of perception ---> reaction.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:10 AM

I am really surprised how divided this thread is. I can understand people’s sentiments that I deserved what I got, because I was a punk ass kid that was running his mouth. I agree that retarded adolescents with the attitude that I had need to be disciplined and put into line. Believe me, I was. My problem is, I don’t believe that an adult in a position of power should attack a little kid. I do think that if I broke the law I should have been punished for the crime I committed. In none of these situations was I being punished for committing a crime (I was drunk under age in the first situation, but the punishment for that in Chicago is a ticket), instead I was being assaulted for opening my mouth and defending myself.

I think something that isn’t understood here is how teenagers are treated in low-income high crime areas. They are always a suspect. I am not exaggerating when I say that I was harassed and searched at least 5 times a week. I did dress like a gangster, but so did every kid in my neighborhood. That doesn’t mean I was a criminal. I wasn’t a banger, even if I did fit the description. I understand why they treat kids like this, but that doesn’t make it right. I know they are just trying to do their jobs. The thing is, once you have this much contact w/ police w/ no provocation, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I don’t believe I was clear in describing the situations last night as a result of intoxication. In situation-

1) I didn’t just automatically start berating the police on the scene. They had been there for over an hour. They had illegally searched my domicile and person w/o even asking for permission. They had not even attempted to get medical assistance for people who had been injured, and were still there. They were questioning us about gang relations and gang activities in the area. They were really pushing the limits, and violating our rights. If we had been adults, they would never have tried to pull this non-sense on us. I decided to let them know how I felt about the situation. I most likely should have kept my mouth shut, but it wasn’t a situation where I was name-calling or getting loud w/ them. I was just threatening to get a lawyer and file charges, telling them that this is the murder capital and they should be doing there jobs, and telling them to get off of my private property.

2) We didn’t just completely blow the detective off. We spoke w/ him for nearly an hour, and told him what we were comfortable telling him. After a while we told him we were done. He told us we weren’t. My friend the brain trust that he is, decided to tell the cop that it was a violation of our rights to question a minor w/o our parents permission (this is true). He continued to tell the cop how much trouble he was going to cause him, and how if he didnt leave us alone it would be a big mistake. He may have gone too far, but in no way did he deserve the end result. This wasn’t a issue where we may have been suspects. There were other witnesses that had seen the incident and seen us.

3) It was my right to be there if I chose to. I wasn’t trespassing and my ID showed that I lived less than a mile away from these projects. I agree that I shouldn’t have been there, but that doesn’t mean that it was wrong for me to have been. Again, this wasn’t a ten-minute conversation that I made go bad. I was searched, pushed and harassed for over an hour. I tried to walk away and was restrained. I went over board and said some things that I shouldn’t have. I find it hard to fathom that anyone in my shoes would have done anything different in that situation.

4) If you think the victim in this scenario wasn’t mistreated you truly lack compassion.

I could have given a lot of much less dramatic examples of police over stepping there boundaries. The reason I chose these, is they were in my mind the most blatent instances of police abuse. I could have described the many times we were pulled over and illegally searched, and had hours of our days wasted, or the many times they would interupt our basketball games to search us while pushing us around and calling us names. These are just a couple extreme examples of an idiot kid being punished by bigger idiot cops.

One more thing, unlike the other thread about cops over stepping there boundries, I had broken no laws. Not that I think that chump deserved the treatment or punishment he recieved, but he was in violation of a law and recieved a punishment the judicial system found fit.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:13 AM

You deserved what you got. Quit bawling like a b!tch.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You deserved what you got. Quit bawling like a b!tch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Spoken like a true idiot. Try reading the thread and justifying your opinion.