Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: RUSTY BROOKS WINS!! SnG TALK HERE

I consider most of the 3-card 4s and better to be equivalent. Sure, A23 is going to come in handy when it comes down to 7632A vs 7642A but any 3-card 4 or better has the potential to make the best possible hand of whatever you've got. Not true of 3-card fives (the best 7 is 7432A and you can't make it with a 3 card 5 unless you make a miracle 6th low card). Still I'll take any 3 card 5 any day.

At the moment my biggest winners per hand are 3 card sixes though, followed by fives.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: RUSTY BROOKS WINS!! SnG TALK HERE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One book I have says holding A23 is essentially as good as holding 345. I'm not sure that's true. I keep thinking the really perfect 3rd st hand would be A35.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, that's odd

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'm odd, what can I say? I once read that in Razz "you win at the top and lose at the bottom." A 6 is just a pretty good hand no matter what 6 it is, in general. A 75 or an 85 are very nice versions of those hands. A 4 might be better, but a 5 showing is easier to sell as a best had and more likely to get a fold. If you and your opponent have an 8/7/or65, then a jump to the three is best. I'd say over 85% of the time, someone has won before they ever get to matching 32 against 2A.