Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: intrusive neighbors driving me nuts - a very long rant

[ QUOTE ]
I almost want to write a letter, and explain the whole situation and mail it to the block.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, just re-read the OP and caught this. I think this is an excellent idea. An "open letter" to everyone on your block, setting out your side of the story. Hell, you've pretty much already written it here.

Just make sure to point out all of Neighbor A's egregious behavior and make it clear that she is a trespasser, a snoop, and a bald-faced liar. I like using capital letters to emphasize my points.

For example: "Neighbor A may have told you that she came to visit me when I was sick, and that I yelled at her. THAT IS A LIE. Here's what really happened..."

I am just not the kind of person who would ignore all this. Then again, I don't really care if my neighbors like me or not.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I almost want to write a letter, and explain the whole situation and mail it to the block.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, just re-read the OP and caught this. I think this is an excellent idea. An "open letter" to everyone on your block, setting out your side of the story. Hell, you've pretty much already written it here.

Just make sure to point out all of Neighbor A's egregious behavior and make it clear that she is a trespasser, a snoop, and a bald-faced liar. I like using capital letters to emphasize my points.

For example: "Neighbor A may have told you that she came to visit me when I was sick, and that I yelled at her. THAT IS A LIE. Here's what really happened..."

I am just not the kind of person who would ignore all this. Then again, I don't really care if my neighbors like me or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think an open letter is a good idea if you are dealing with sane people, it doesnt seem op is. If you send out an open letter they will just think you are even nuttier as the only thing people like this understand is underhanded gossiping, and bad talking. So you either have to play their game, or just dont give a [censored] about them.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:33 PM

Why are you taking yourself so seriously? Neighbourhood gossip is awesome and you should fully immerse yourself in it.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:50 PM

Don't write an open letter -- all you'll do is escalate the situation and give the nutjobs what they want (which is drama and plenty of it).

I would continue to be courteous and friendly to the people you see -- wave to them, say hello, etc.. This is just common courtesy, plus it makes you the bigger person in this whole scenario. But, beyond that, don't worry about it. You can't control crazy people and what they think/say, so as long as they're leaving you alone, declare victory.

My experience as a long-time homeowner is that you don't want to have an openly contentious relationship with a neighbor, but you don't have to be friends with them either. I wouldn't sweat this -- these people aren't that important to your day to day life. They don't pay you, they don't feed you, they don't sleep with you, and they don't listen to your problems like a friend. So, at day's end, who cares what they think? Just keep your yard clean, don't be loud, and don't be openly rude and you've done your job as a neighbor and as a decent person.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:54 PM

you have [censored] neighbors. they obviously have nothing better to do with their time than to snoop on the entire neighborhood. I would not be suprised if they are seriously religous and eventually try to push said religion onto you.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:06 PM

"They never got the exceptionally lucky cat back."

FYP
Old 07-03-2007, 01:20 PM

DMC,

Do you read/post 2+2 with the lights on? If so, I think your neighbors found it pretty interesting that you were up past 4AM sweating this thread.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't write an open letter -- all you'll do is escalate the situation and give the nutjobs what they want (which is drama and plenty of it).

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense to OP, but she's a woman - the first thing they think of is drama.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The next day set a bunch of Claymore mines around your yard to see who wasn't paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

"The Claymore fires shrapnel, in the form of steel balls, out to about 100 meters across a 60° arc in front of the device. It is used primarily in ambushes and as an anti-infiltration device against enemy infantry. It is also of some use against soft-skinned vehicles."
Old 07-03-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The next day set a bunch of Claymore mines around your yard to see who wasn't paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

"The Claymore fires shrapnel, in the form of steel balls, out to about 100 meters across a 60° arc in front of the device. It is used primarily in ambushes and as an anti-infiltration device against enemy infantry. It is also of some use against soft-skinned vehicles."

[/ QUOTE ]
oh, good point.

OP, rent a woodchipper. Taylor Rental on the Post Road (Rt 1) has decent prices for a 12" model. Make sure you rinse it off when you're done, they're sticklers on their cleaning fee...