Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Things you can say to tilt people

[ QUOTE ]
I`ll point out only the most obvious thing : You just became someone`s target.
Think about all the pros&cons of that behavior and think how it might affect and change your game.

Becoming someone's target will make him play more recklessly against me, wouldn't it? It wouldn't effect my game, it would effect the the tiltee.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I`m concerned... bad thinking on your part but I`m not going to explain why I think that.
Also..there are many cons I just mentioned one of them.
I`ll stop trying to make points because it was never my intention to "preach" about poker psychology concepts and make posts with "content".
I`m happy with the way so many players think about this topic and I really do not want to change their mind.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as I`m concerned... bad thinking on your part but I`m not going to explain why I think that.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that is the content that I said was missing from your posts...

[ QUOTE ]
I`ll stop trying to make points because it was never my intention to "preach" about poker psychology concepts and make posts with "content".

[/ QUOTE ]

We know, but that is the function of this forum.

[ QUOTE ]
I`m happy with the way so many players think about this topic and I really do not want to change their mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you have been trying to.

Let me give you an example of the content of this thread.

The game I was just in, there was a guy two seats to my right that was playing very well and getting in my way. It took me a while, but I found the right spot to bluff him off his two-pair. He decided to show me his hand (saying: I ain't paying you off) and I showed him the bluff (saying: I didn't want the call), which tilted him. Now the tilt wasn't a major spewing type of tilt, it was a more weak/tight form. Nevertheless, he was out of my hair.

No rudeness, no anger, no pissing match ... well, ok a pissing match [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

We're not talking about overt ways to tilt people, more covert ways. Why, because, if someone it tiltable, then they are going to tilt, it might as well be when your playing.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I`ll point out only the most obvious thing : You just became someone`s target.
Think about all the pros&cons of that behavior and think how it might affect and change your game.

Becoming someone's target will make him play more recklessly against me, wouldn't it? It wouldn't effect my game, it would effect the the tiltee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats. You just became the 1,000,000 newbie to exhibit this particular betting pattern:

New poster comes and posts a theory on (whatever) that suggests that all convention wisdom is wrong, and his view is the Truth, the Light, and the Way. When others challenge that view, newbie gets defensive and refuses to share the Truth, the Light, and the Way any further that to say "I'm right, youre an idiot, I spit in your general direction."

Your door prize is in the mail.

And FWIW, very, very few winning players display this particular pattern.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:00 PM

He works in mysterious ways. -EV
Old 06-01-2007, 11:32 AM

After I've stacked some1 and theyre berating me "Oh shut up and reload like a good boy"
Old 06-01-2007, 02:06 PM

Reply to title

Do you see why?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:38 PM

"There goes your haircut money, chief."

As I scoop the pot.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After I've stacked some1 and theyre berating me "Oh shut up and reload like a good boy"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...holy [censored]! Probably the best one I've read! I don't know if I'd have the balls to say that in a live game, but I know all the people I usually play with would go on insane-o tilt if someone said that

LOL...disgustingly condescending
Old 06-03-2007, 06:52 PM

Just say "I smell fish"
Old 06-05-2007, 05:52 PM

Wow, this thread is fairly funny and gay at the same time.

I think it's funny to talk some smack here and there like every one else, especially if the target deserves it.

But going out of your way to make poker less enjoyable for the weak players is a lot like overusing soil on a farm. You want the soil to remain fertile, and you want the guy who loses a rack everytime to enjoy the experience.

People who don't get this, are not long term winners, IMO, and are using poker to overcome their own feelings of self-loathing.

When I think about it, the only times I have ever berated a player (live or on-line) is when I'm losing. Anyways, keep the funny stuff coming, so I can use next time I tilt.