Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Things you can say to tilt people (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400410)

DMC0627 05-11-2007 01:10 AM

Things you can say to tilt people

I thought it might be fun to post some things you can say to tilt people, or things that have been said to you that tilted you. There was one young guy at my table the last time I went that was pretty rude to everyone and kind of ruined the whole table.

He was ridiculed a lot of people, including one elderly woman who almost looked like she was going to cry. He ended up taking three bad beats almost in a row on big pots, and some guy said to him that it was his karma. That really seemed to set him off, and he pretty much dumped two racks raising and reraising with marginal hands and going broke.

While I am sure the 3 pots he lost contributed greatly to his tilt, I really think the karma comment set him over the edge. It also shut him up, and the table ended up going back to fun and relaxed.

BigBuffet 05-11-2007 03:11 AM

Re: Things you can say to tilt people

When I beat someone and he says "You played THAT?", I say "Only against people like you..."

DMC0627 05-11-2007 03:13 AM

One guy on another thread said when he sucks out on a huge pot against someone he can't stand, he says "pass the sherbert, herbert". That cracked me up.

vin17 05-11-2007 02:22 PM

I've found a well placed 'ty' works pretty good.

MyJunkIsYou 05-11-2007 02:26 PM

when I suck out on someone and they berate me, I just say something like "I had pot odds" (especially if my estimation of my outs was wrong and i didn't) and then they usually flip out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

doppelganger 05-11-2007 02:35 PM

When I'm being berated after a big hand I like to say "Shhh...I'm trying to count your chips."

Quanah Parker 05-11-2007 02:39 PM

nh.

DMC0627 05-11-2007 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I'm being berated after a big hand I like to say "Shhh...I'm trying to count your chips."

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice

doppelganger 05-11-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't take credit for it, I think I read it somewhere on the forums a long time ago.

AmonRaa 05-11-2007 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when I suck out on someone and they berate me, I just say

[/ QUOTE ]

but they were sooted [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]