Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: A stats post..

10K(Ok just below) Stat check please.
Kinda had a bumpy ride at party beginner tables to say the least. Can anyone spot any major leaks or things i should be looking out for?

Maybe AF is low?

Old 10-14-2005, 08:46 PM

You're tighter than a nun's nasty and not raising enough preflop. Your aggression factor is much too low for where you are with your VPIP. You're almost certainly missing out on value bets, value raises, +EV limps, +EV PFRs, blind steals, blind defenses (esp BB), and you might not be seeing enough showdowns.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're tighter than a nun's nasty and not raising enough preflop. Your aggression factor is much too low for where you are with your VPIP. You're almost certainly missing out on value bets, value raises, +EV limps, +EV PFRs, blind steals, blind defenses (esp BB), and you might not be seeing enough showdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]
Value bets - Hmm i seem to value bet alot at party.
Value raises - yeh on river i can make some close river raises where i think have the guy beat but hate to be 3betted so call.
limps - Hmm dunno what to limp, Maybe Q9s as i usually dont+Few others.
PFR - Yeh i dont really know what else to raise, I raise everything SSH chart says to... hmm
BLind Steals/Defenses - Pretty useless VS Calling stations so i tend not to apply these at party.
Showdowns - Not sure really, I usually call river often when im "probably beat".

Anyhow, Not sure what changes to make to my game... I'm moving up to 1/2, Do you think thats wise or shall i maintain my .50/1?

Got my ass handed me to tonight, Card cold and few beats.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
limps - Hmm dunno what to limp, Maybe Q9s as i usually dont+Few others.

[/ QUOTE ]

and maybe Q8s J9s, throw in some one gappers. these are good late position plays, or MP at a passive table.

[ QUOTE ]
PFR - Yeh i dont really know what else to raise, I raise everything SSH chart says to... hmm

[/ QUOTE ]

Another position thing. Raise more to buy the button with slightly marginal hands.

[ QUOTE ]
BLind Steals/Defenses - Pretty useless VS Calling stations so i tend not to apply these at party.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be hard at that level, but as you move up, you will have more oppurtunities.

[ QUOTE ]
Showdowns - Not sure really, I usually call river often when im "probably beat".

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are tough. My showdown stats are WAY out there. You might try snapping off a few bluffs. But pick your spots.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyhow, Not sure what changes to make to my game... I'm moving up to 1/2, Do you think thats wise or shall i maintain my .50/1?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel comfortable, go for it. Just be patient. and don't let this:
[ QUOTE ]
Got my ass handed me to tonight, Card cold and few beats.

[/ QUOTE ]
hinder your play.

GL
Old 10-14-2005, 09:03 PM

Cheers for reply benkath,
I've also considered many of those(I think ill limp alot more suited connectors MP/LP if i've got lots of low%Preflop raisers behind me.

Q9's also, and K9's.

Blind stealing i did at stars, party doesnt seem right for it.

I'll try 1/2 more tommorow, Tonight i seemed to enjoy it the loss was due to crap cards, one tight call but was a huge pot a big draw so seemed fine.

Cheers guys, anyone else have input feel free.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:04 PM

I used to have stats like that before I noticed how bad some people play. You just have to be in the pot with people who play any hand. Remember you only need a better hand than villain. You might also start raising to buy the button or try to isolate.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You might also start raising to buy the button or try to isolate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put isolation into practice are PokerShare(Rock garden with the odd lag). Won 20BB off the guy.

Party beginners just doesnt seem right for isolation or button buying, I have tried it.. and continue to do so if i had tags on btn.

I suppose i need to be raising more... and i may try betting Oc's into flops(I tend to currently play Fit/Fold with situation dependant variations of course and calling with odds/implied).
Old 10-14-2005, 10:23 PM

changed my mind, humility is cooler than sexy graphs.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh you are missing at least 10% of easy profitable situations with that low of ASB

just because they call a ton, doesn't mean you should become rocky, first off the players at this level don't c/r or lead out enough, so you often get free turns, or free rivers/showdowns if you want them .. secondly if a hand has an equity edge vs 2random hands you need to be stealing with it, and most breakeven/slight losers since you make up the difference by playing better postflop

curious what are your open raise standards OTB with typical 40/5 blinds that overdefend
Old 10-15-2005, 05:58 AM

hey bottomset,
I admit i dont tend to blind steal. I tried occasionally but to many donks called me down and when i missed the board... it was kinda a tough situation.

Ill raise all hands i would raise normally, Plus AX(X>8) and KT/KJ's.

Maybe we can sort out a sweat session if any of you want to help get my stats(well my play, but in affect my stats) on to a better track? Dont worry if not, It can be dam boring playing let alone watching others.

Thanks for your time,
I'll try up my aggression and PFR bit more and maybe loosen up with some hands.