Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2006, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Please list PokerStars complaints

Resizable Lobby?

Why is it that the tables can be resized but the lobby (which contains a kazillion bits of information) can't?

Dumb.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Things wrong with Stars:

- Game play is far too slow.

- The interface is far too busy, and the default chips, fonts and cards are too small. Party has clearer fonts, clearer chips, clearer stack and raise representations, clearer cards, and the appearance of speed. In other words, your interface appears slow and clunky, and you try way too hard to be cool. You're in the business of representing a poker game on a screen. Keep It Simple Stupid.

- Quit being smartasses. You don't have the best poker site. You were number two for a long time, and STILL haven't come anywhere near Party's numbers or money volume for ring games. That's because you need to:

- Quit being tightasses, and spend some money on advertising and affiliates. It's no surprise knowing your owners, but frankly, all they're showing is a very poor understanding of the poker economy, and costing themselves money in the process.

- Most other things you do well, but you need to start seeing the forest instead of the trees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best post in this thread. Pretty much agree with every point. When Party came out with resizable tables, I could 12 table with ease and no overlap. With Stars, the fonts are so small you will go blind trying to read them. Most people complained about this, but it was never changed. Stars is slow and a bit clunky. Seriously, what's the point of having slow and fast tables? If your software is capable of dealing fast (like UB), then you make all the tables fast.

Party may have had crap customer support, but their marketing was near perfect. Stars on the other hand has great support and average marketing. I would take the great marketing any day of the week. Stars could have gained a complete stranglehold on the market, but instead are kind of dilly-dallying around. Most of the Party fish and your casual B&M players think online poker is completely shut down. Where the hell are the ads running constantly assuring US players that Stars is still open? It sucks b/c Stars basically got all the Party TAGs and virtually none of the fish and now all the games are horrible. Even the NL100 plays close to the old NL600 or even NL1000 Party games. In short, even though I am a Supernova at Stars and the cust. support is great, I will be at Full Tilt for the near future until Stars resolves a few of the issues that affect the serious semi-pro/pro players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Pokerstars really dropped the ball when party pulled out. I never saw the huge increase of players that people were reporting. I was surprised that I never stars increase their marketing. Events like these don't happen everyday and they never capitalized on the situation as much as they should.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:29 PM

Default buyins should be changeable, and if not, bump them from 20BB to 25BB. Changeable would be great though. I usually buy in for 40BB.

Fix the button HU
allow unlimited raises.... at the very least when only two players are seated or in the SNGs.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Players sitting out. The new rule should be if you miss 1 round of blinds your kicked out of seat. I am tired of playing 7 handed in a full ring game because people are sitting out. I always have to leave the table and find new table as it breaks soon after the second person sits out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You nuts? You never have to get up for a few minutes during a long session? Stars wouldn't be silly enough to implement something so dumb.

Onaflag..........

[/ QUOTE ]

I can usually run to the bathroom in between a hand. If I have to get up for a longer period of time, I usually just get up from the table because I know that others don't appriicate me taking up a spot.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars, PLEASE implement "first available table" option in your waiting list like the way PartyPoker does. I usually play 9 tables and it's a PITA to join each waiting list individually.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-25-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- Quit being tightasses, and spend some money on advertising and affiliates. It's no surprise knowing your owners

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil, what exactly are you getting at here? Do you in fact know the owners of PokerStars? How much time have you spent talking with them?

Or, as I very strongly suspect, is there something else behind this comment?
Old 12-25-2006, 02:20 PM

put me in the 1 orbit and you are gone if you are sitting out camp. I dont care if you are letting the dog out or taking a whizz or smoking or whatever, for anything you are gunna do, if it takes longer than an orbit to do, you are an inconsiderate [censored] for sitting out. You can argue all you want otherwise, but its the truth. Get off the [censored] table and rejoin other ones when you get back. And if the table is so great that you dont wanna do that, learn how to piss in under 5 minutes (what are you, 60?) and tough out your cigarette addiction, and quit being a jackass

I hate that I cant "auto post big blind" when I join a non fast table and I click "sit out until blinds" I want my blind automatically posted when I get to the blind, I dont wanna have to wait until im playing before I can finally click the stupid "auto post" button.

I hate that when I join a table the lobby is minimized...wtf, so annoying. Just leave the damn thing open, if I want to minimize it I will.

k, thanks
Old 12-25-2006, 02:21 PM

I wish they would give us the option to turn off the doom switch that gets turned on by default after you make a cashout.

[/ QUOTE ]

CASHOUT?????? It turns on after you win a couple of sessions. Their software finds out what your "surviving" bankroll is and keeps you glued to that amount, allowing you to win when you get under and rivering you to death when you are winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally gave it up this week after losing 3 consecutive one outers for my whole stack. Just not believable poker.
Ever wonder why they send you your cashout in segments like they do?
Old 12-25-2006, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I hate that I cant "auto post big blind" when I join a non fast table and I click "sit out until blinds" I want my blind automatically posted when I get to the blind, I dont wanna have to wait until im playing before I can finally click the stupid "auto post" button.

I hate that when I join a table the lobby is minimized...wtf, so annoying. Just leave the damn thing open, if I want to minimize it I will.

[/ QUOTE ]

very much agreed on both.

(normally I might say something like 'QFT' but I'm not sure if Lee knows what that means).
Old 12-25-2006, 02:36 PM

^^Please stop posting stupid stuff like that in a good thread.