Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Dealer\'s Choice

So, just roughly how many of these wild card games and non-standard type poker games are mostly luck?
Old 01-13-2007, 07:35 AM

Pretty much most home games are luck. Considering usually when you play home games you don't play one game enough times to compensate for variance.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:15 PM

Yea I thought they might be. That's why I hope this group that I will beplaying with next week sticks to the games I play like HE versions, stud games and some Omaha and not to wild cardyon me.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:36 PM

Was it hard to get everyone in your game to play games other than NL Hold'em? We have a regular game of about 14-17 players and while some of them ask about other games alot of them have little to no interest in playing anything other than the same game we've been playing for last 4 years.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:13 AM

Same boat as you. A few of us know several games but most of the guys only have played NLHE and have never even played LHE if you can believe that. They just like saying "all in" I think
Old 01-14-2007, 04:01 AM

Well luckily everyone in my home game is family or really close to family. I've been watching this game since i was 10(now 22) so Everyone prefers the fun games. We usually don't take stuff to seriously.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:47 PM

There ar a few HE variation games that sound fun like pineapple that hopefully we can try out
Old 01-16-2007, 12:12 PM

The two most popular games at our home game are 'Bingo' and 3-D omaha. 3-D is Omaha hi/lo with 3 rows of 5. Nine cards (3 in each row) are flopped. Then 3 (1 in each row) on the turn and river. It makes for HUGE pots. Sometimes gets a little getting used to but it always becomes one of the most popular games at any group I have introduced it to.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:32 AM

i have about ten HE variations that my regular home game has come up with throughout the years...if you want a list just PM me
Old 01-19-2007, 07:11 PM

My favorite home game is something we call jeopardy. It is a high-low game with five cards to each player. 12 cards are dealt out face down in three rows of four. There are a number of betting rounds. You can use two cards in your hand to make high or low like in Omaha. You have to use two cards from either the first row of four cards or the second row of four cards. These rows are turned up one after the other. You also have to use one card from the last row, each of these cards is turned up one at at time. We don't use wild cards. The game is fun and creates huge pots. Unlike some home games there is an element of skill due to the complexity of the game. It is very popular with the different groups that I play with in the Santa Barbara area.