Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many poker books do you read every month?
books? what are those 21 25.93%
1-2 53 65.43%
3 or more 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Caro\'s Tells: the OESD whisperer

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 2 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.25BB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.25BB, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 18.25BB
<font color="#ffffff">UTG showed Ah As</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know.. no strat in the NC thread, but this hand was played pretty poorly from go! To start with, 3bet PF.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd still pay for the drink, but that's me. Also, I don't think I could be comfortable working there if I knew that was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd try to pay for the drink, but relax.. it's a cup of coffee. You don't even know the company policy on that.

I went to a Starbucks and the lady said I didn't want it from that pot so she dumped it and brewed another one. I was in a Kroger so I went and shopped and came back... she gave it to me free. Unfortunately I never carry cash, so I couldn't tip.

They probably only brew it so long and then dump it so 'loss' is part of the business model.

I wouldn't get bent about it until I found out it was something to get bent about.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Bozlax goes dark, and something to keep you amused while I\'m gone

So, I'm off for 4 weeks on Martha's Vineyard (actually we're staying on Chappaquiddick) on Friday, and as a result of a half-paying-attention promise I made to my daughter I will not be bringing my laptop with me. Browsing 2p2 on my Blackberry is not the worst thing in the world, but it is a close 2nd worst, so I won't be doing that either. So, you won't have me to kick you around for an entire calendar month.

(pause for cheering)

Now for some amusement. I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that the older guys down at the YMCA where I work out don't seem to feel the need to cover their junk (or their flabby, cottage-cheesy asses) when tending to their ablutions. Listen, Grandpa Jones, I don't care how it was in the Old Country, or even at the Y circa 1948 when you'd just gotten back from the Big One and had nowhere else to stay; this is California, circa 2007, and we like things to be pleasing (or at least not displeasing) to the eye. This is also not Snootful Country Club; if you had enough money to belong there, you probably wouldn't look like a bag of marshmallows with Mr. Potato Head hands, feet and eyes stuck on it.

And this is not the only transgression of simple decorum to be found in these locker rooms.

A few rules to make sure this is perfectly clear:

1. The only time you should be completely naked is IN the shower;
1a. no standing at the urinal naked;
1b. no combing you hair over naked;
1c. no drying your hair naked;
1d. no shaving naked;
1e. no jokes where you point the hair dryer at your [censored];
1f. ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY no brushing your teeth naked.

2. If your mind has degenerated to the point where simple balance is a problem, sit down when putting on your pants (some bloated octagenarian landed on my back while I was tying my shoes today, because he couldn't seem to negotiate the loop-one-foot-into-my-boxers-while-bracing-one-hand-against-the-wall maneuver).

3. A minimum of one layer of cloth should be kept between yourself and any surface at all times. This rule applies especially to the sauna.

4. You are the only one that cares at all about how much better your high school football team was than the current team being put out by the local high school. Similarly, nobody needs you to handicap the games for them; only Michael Vick is betting on them anyway.

5. For Pete's sake, it's hand soap next to the sink. If you need a bath, the shower is right around the corner, stop wash/rinse/drying your [censored] pits in the SINK. Ugh.

That's it for now. I'm sure I'll have more, tho.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 2 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.25BB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.25BB, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 18.25BB
<font color="#ffffff">UTG showed Ah As</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, no bad beat whining when you play a hand like #@#)*
Old 07-24-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok the river is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp, kit. Hero is worried about one hand on the river (of course, I'm sure that's what the Villan had, but that's immaterial). The turn, on the other hand, is awful...why face BB with two cold there?

Edit: Ok, yeah, TWO hands on the river he's worried about.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:53 PM

Quick...everyone get their play-alongs ready for when Boz is gone [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok the river is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp, kit. Hero is worried about one hand on the river (of course, I'm sure that's what the Villan had, but that's immaterial). The turn, on the other hand, is awful...why face BB with two cold there?

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly tho what else could he possibly have? A9?
Old 07-24-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok the river is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly tho what else could he possibly have? A9?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-24-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 07-24-2007, 05:59 PM

Oh and 2 jokers of course! and one eyed jacks may or may not be wild at that point!
Closed Thread